1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Space Marine Pauldron

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Mar 29, 2013.

1. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I was always so impressed with the cape on the Inquisitor Eisenhorn that Gilbert Moreno did several years ago. I have wanted to try something similar ever since. I decided to have a go at a figure in the same line. This is Battle Brother Artemis in Inquisitor scale. It's advertised as 54mm, but this figure is more like 75mm. Since this was going to be the most difficult part of the project, I did it first. I tried to use elements of Michaelangelo's Fresco of the Judgment from the Sistine Chapel. It represents the Archangel Gabriel blowing the trumpet that sounds Armageddon. Space Marine purists might get their underwear in a bunch, but it's what I wanted to do.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Stephan, Steve, Sambaman and 8 others like this.
  2. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Where did you bought your bionic eyes? :D

It´s incredible, congratulations.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Beautiful brushwork... I'm dying to see this project as it progresses. I still have a softspot for some of the 40k characters.

As for the size, a Space Marine in the flesh would be close to 8' tall so next to an average 6 footer in 54mm he'd be closer to 70 or 75mm.

Please keep us posted as you carry on with this

Colin
  4. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This should be good, looking forward to some more progress.
    I like space marine stuff.
    Karl
  5. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Very impressive indeed (y)(y)(y)!
    Like yourself, I, too, am a fan of 4oK and Inquisitor Eisenhorn in particular :LOL:.
    Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah brother! Way to go, i love it!
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    John,
    Really well done so far.
    Cheers
    John
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the process and it was hard to keep from fiddling with it. More on this as it progresses.
  9. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Looking good, the Artemis figure is great.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Superb work

Steve