1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Soviet Officer bust - trench coat color help

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Mongo Mel, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    I'm currently working on the TGB Miniatures Soviet Officer bust and I'm in need of some help.
    I've searched the internet for help with the color to paint the trench coat and can't seem to find a definitive answer.
    I've read that they were grey with a bluish tint and I've found some re-enactor photos that color. But I've also found re-enactor photos showing a khaki color but nothing listing this a an acceptable color.
    Then there was this post...
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/soviet-officer-1-10-tbg-miniatures.56909/page-2[/URL]
    of the coat the sculptor used (beautiful work there, Kaz!).
    Really looks like khaki to me.
    I know my first paint isn't a good color for the coat but I'm stuck.
    I'd really appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks,
    Craig
    PS: Here's what I have so far...

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Craig, I found these two examples of russian trench coats. Kaz's color he did on his rendering is a close match. Hope these help. Regards, SG:happy: coatgreen.jpg 2903_lge.jpg
  3. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Thanks, Sturm (?)(sorry I don't know your name).
    Those are better examples than I was able to find. Based on those and other feedback I got elsewhere, I'm going with the khaki.
    Thanks again !