1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Sovereign 2000 (S2K) - ACW infantryman

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi to all on PF ,
    Together with the SS Tank commander I also received this from Sovereign 2000

Scale : Approx 1:9th

Material : Resin

Reference Number : S2KB004 - Civil War Infantryman

Sculptor for both: Tony Williams

This bust is a follow on from the German Tanker bust that I have also reviewed on PF arriving in a white cardboard box in a sealable bag holding the pieces securely, preventing any damage .

On the review sample the box art was unpainted but customers purchases will have a full colour image on the front ....and also another image inside of 2 versions , one Union and the other Confederate)

Consisting of a total of 3 main pieces (torso , head, and small pedastal base ) There are casting plugs to remove , but no real job dealing with these , its good to see the cap one being on the edge and not the top) . Fit is good after the prep required . A small amount of work is required on the underneath of the torso .

Sculpted wearing a greatcoat with his normal jacket undernesth , as with the previous releases , the folds are well done with the shoulder cape having some good movement , he wears a kepi , sculpted pushed well down at the front , the facial details are nice as well.

Continued in next post:

Nap

Attached Files:

2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Moving on to the model itself :

Firstly the Torso :

As said sculpting is well defined , I like the way that the cape has been sculpted , this adds interest to the piece , casting is also vey well done .

Next the head :

Cast wearing a kepi (plain - allowing the painter to embelish if he wishes) , the strap is well shown , the casting plug will be easily removed with snips and finally with wet and dry .

The facial character is spot on , he looks like he is grinning underneath his goatee beard , this will I am sure paint up to a fine finish .

Conclusion :

This is a great addition and my favourite , it allows the modeller to paint as he wishes , a infantryman of either side in a war where brother fought brother , don't forget that supply was difficult at times with the aftermath of a battle being a favourite shopping ground especially in the Confederate Army based on what I have read before this review.

Highly recommended and another good from S2K , to get one of these contact them either via their website (www.sovereign2000.uk.com)
    or e mail Marc Day at day.m@btinternet.com , if you are in the UK you should also be able to get it (like the others) from Historex Agents at www.historex-agents.com TEL : 01304 206720

Price for this little bust is £15 with FREE shipping from S2K .

Nap

Attached Files:

DaveCox, Whitney and gordy like this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice release:) I like it!
    Thanks Kevin.
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Kevin, I like the face too nice smirk and character :)
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a crispy casting Kevin.
    Great revieuw
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Nice castings my friend, especially like the SS Panzer Comd, but both are well cast and simple, nice one !!
  7. Whitney Active Member

United-States
    Nice looking bust