1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Southern Pride

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Beautiful paintwork(y) . Cheers Borek
  2. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Zeno is very simple, do you know the Black set from Andrea, I used only the 3 lights paints, all was mixing with Sunny Skin Tone fro lights, and shadows adding black, also some cooler tones with violets and blue
    ChaosCossack and tiberius57 like this.
  3. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Some more progress, I fixed a bit the eyes lids to avoid bigger eyes, also some retouching over the grey uniform
    Hope you like it ;)

Attached Files:

• 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      209.5 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      212.6 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      217.8 KB
      Views:
    Alex Long and ChaosCossack like this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

looking good so far. I remember the first time seeing Maiden supporting Judas Priest in 1980:D
  5. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    you lucky guy!
    swralph likes this.
  6. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks a lot Ernest! Much appreciated!
    Just one more question: As you said, for cooler tones you used violets and blue. What blue did you used?
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  7. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Medium blue from Vallejo, just a bit
    tiberius57 likes this.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nice job on the eyes... takes away some of the doe eyed look. A little less "anime" looking.

The uniform grey turned out really well

Colin
    Ernest likes this.
  9. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello guys, the figure is now finished, but as you can see in the pictures the scabbard is not there cause this figure is for a collector and will be shipping with separate parts, also the hand holding the sword is not glued, you know...security first!

Hope you like it, is a very cool figure to paint, the casting is fantastic, very easy to assemble

Attached Files:

10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Awesome!
    Well done Ernest. Great colour and character.

Excellent

Colin
    Ernest likes this.
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning Ernest.
    Carl.(y)
    Ernest likes this.
  12. Ferris A Fixture

I have seen this figure in the flesh and have been able to study it up close....it's truly fantastic paintwork!

The pictures posted here are very good, but the precision of the paintjob is much more evident in real life.
    The finish of the uniform is very matte, which makes it look very realistic.
    Fascinating are the different tones and hues in both face and uniform, and hair. I think the basic colour choices are very good by itself, but the various tones make everything come alive!
    Overall a perfect paintjob! (Everyone take note that Ernesto takes commissions these days...!)

The figure itself is a great sculpt by the way and must be a joy to paint. Ernesto's painting perfectly complements it. I must add that H&V's dark brown wood base fits very well with this figure, just the right size!

Cheers,
    Adrian
    Ernest likes this.