1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sorry for my rudness...

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by G_Rock, Oct 12, 2005.

1. G_Rock New Member

Hi everyone,

I apologize for not introducing myself before I posted a message earlier. Some background on me: Active duty Air Force (18 yrs) stationed currently in southern Spain. I started painting models as a teenager and didn’t really get into painting figures till about 10 years ago (started out on 1/72, then moved up to 1/32) and then wanted to do more detailed figures, so I did my first 90mm figure (poste militarie) in 1998 and been hooked ever since. I haven't been able to do another figure since (been kind of busy lately playing in the desert...if you know what I mean), but seems I've gotten some more free time, so my interest in getting back to painting has spurred back up (do get me wrong, I never stopped buying figures, much to the anguishes of my wife ;) ) Well that’s about me in a nutshell and thanks for letting me be apart of a great site!!! :lol: (isn't technology great!)

Kerry

P.S. here’s some my pic's of my first and only attempt so far of painting a 90mm figure (back in 1998)...will have to do some restoration and repair on him..those military moves seem to take their toll.

Attached Files:

2. G_Rock New Member

Side pics...

Cheers :)

Kerry

Attached Files:

3. dryzone New Member

I'm not an expert in figure modeling, but I do like the result you accomplished here. Great work. One question, what did you use for the grass effect on the base, looks convincing. Although a newbie myself, I extend a warm welcome to you.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kerry,

Welcome to our world of madness :lol: :lol: This is a great hobby where you could get your mind empty after a day hard work.
    Your figure looks great.
    I really want to see more of your figures that you painted.

Marc
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the planet Kerry. A very good painting of a classic figure. I hope you post some more of your work.
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Welcome to our Planet, you are going to like it here.
    I have this figure in my gray army, very well sculpted and cast, truly a vintage figure.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to PF! Great figure! ;)
    Active duty USAF, eh? I'm retired USAF - 9 years enlisted, 13 years officer as a bioenvironmental engineer.

All the best,
    Dan Morton