1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sorry for being so lazy.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    But I just post a link to me latest finished piece posted on Armorama as a Campainge entry. I didint have the patience to repeat it here.

Lund 1676

Please comment.

Cheers
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work there Janne. As i replied in armorama, i love the ground work. You did a nice job my friend.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Good work Janne. I like the overall presentatiom that your figure has. Great painting for sure.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Good job on the figure and the overall presentation,Janne;I like it (y) (y) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done! Simple but dramatic
  6. johnbrewer New Member

Excellent stuff
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Janne, you did a very nice job, I like it. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  8. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Very interesting Janne, and well done, I like your figure very much, and I adore the scenic groundwork, you obviously put a lot of effort in it. It's interesting to read something about the battle of Lund, didn't know much about that one.

... I too like that interesting touch of that Danish flag on the ground !

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but actually that danish flag reminds me of another subject of which I'm dreaming to do a figure or a model ... the storming of the Dybbol redoubt in Denmark by the Prussians in 1864 (?), maybe the new elite Prussian FP war figure would be a good starting point (does it need conversion?) ? It would look nice presented such as your figure, after a fierce battle, also with a Danebrog on the ground ...

... Ah well ... we dream, now and then ... :)
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Well done Janne!
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Johan, I'm "dreaming" of doing a similar project....There's a painting by Emil Hunten that depicts that battle...I may use this as inspiration.

I notice in this painting that the Prussians, officers and ranks, wear the feldmutze.
    You could convert that figure by removing the helmet and sculpting a field cap, perhaps giving him a greatcoat roll and adding a white arm band maybe?

I just need uniform reference for the Danes.
  11. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Eh ... sorry for sort of "stealing" your topic, Janne, but if you allow me, I'd like to reply here to Jason's question...

Jason: well, here's something to start with for danish uniforms of 1864:

http://www.milhist.dk/uniforms/1864a_uk.htm

Jason, perhaps we'd better start another topic for the Prussian-Danish war of 1864?
  12. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the nice comments fellow Figureteers!

How about the boots, Ive tried to chip them a little but Im not sure about how the effect looks like?

Any thoughts about the shadow colour of the gloves as this was one of the things I also was about uncertain of wether it looks good or not?

In addition I had an idea of coloured leather with chipping but decided not to, wrigh or wrong or other peoples work with that effect?

Cheers
  13. Hullebullen New Member

Snyggt jobbat!

It's certainly been a while since I saw something from your hands. Once again, great work!

Fredrik
  14. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks, Fredrik!

Ill hope youll be seeing more completed work in a near future. :)