1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Son of the Morning Star

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jimias, Nov 23, 2010.

1. came Member

Italy
    great!!!! an amzing horse, I love lights and shadows. it has great tones, very realistic
  2. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you guys for the feedback As i can see lights, shadows and contrast is really a matter of taste!
    Chris my friend the first thing i did was to find a good picture of the real animal i wanted to paint. When i finally did i use a pallet containing the following colors: Burnt umber, Burnt sienna, Indian red, Ivory Black, Vandyke brown and Naples yellow deep. As for mixes i think i must of mixed everything with everything and used different hues according to the picture.
  3. getsa Member

Greece
    Fantastic job!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  4. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland

Totaly agree. Wonderfull work on the horse and looking forward to more progress on this one.

Barrie.
  5. PhilinYuma Member

United-States
    I agree, but the main problem with this horse is the sculpt. It is way too long! Measure it out!
    As for toning down the contrast, mate, if you are thinking of adding a figure to the vignette, you might want to see how the figure's contrast fits with the horse as is before making any changes. I used to make 1:12 scale horses without figures (an officer's horse of the 15th Hussars is grazing on the wall next to me and dreaming of Waterloo) and greatly toned down the contrast, but I think that a smaller horse with a 90mm figure is going to need much more, and yours is pleasing to my eye, at least.
  6. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Γεια Δημητρη φιλε,
    το αλογο ειναι καταπληκτικο αδελφε, ασε που θα το δω απο κοντα και θα μου πεσει η μασελα μου παλι, απλος η τεχνικη σου ειναι να φωτοσκιασεις με ακρυλικα και μετα περασμα με λαδια?
    Ξερεις με τα αλογα ειμαι λιγο δυσταχτικος γιατι δεν εχω βαψει αρκετα.
    Amazing paint Horse Dimitrie

Alexandros
  7. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    First of all thank you all for your comments. They are really helpful. I have toned down some of the deepest shadows that looked a bit unnatural. Still as many of you have noticed some muscles as so well defined in the sculpt that cannot be eliminated.
    Αλεξανδρε κι εγω με τα αλογα δεν τα παω καλα. Ξεκινησα να κανω αυτη την τεχνικη που ανεφερες αλλα τελικα για να ειμαι ειλικρινης δουλεψα λαδια απο το μηδεν. Ισωσ γιατι δεν εκανα καλο contrast με τα ακρυλικα.
    sarouman likes this.
  8. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Perfect file mou perfect!
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Nothing wrong with that, as I mentioned a very nicely done horse indeed, I couldn't do it or want it better than that !:D
  10. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Superb job Dimitrios !

Mahmoud
  11. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Well done Jimia mou,excellent paintjob.Αmazing little duck.
    This is what I have in my mind, looking forward to see it live at Saturday.
    Είσαι κουμπαράκι τρελλό. Λέω και γω πως βάφω γρήγορα αλλά εσύ δεν παλεύεσαι ρε φίλε !!!
    sarouman likes this.
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dimitrious, superb painting, will follow with interest.

Cheers Ken
  13. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Thank guys for your encouraging comments. Have to put my patience to the test with this one as i ve never tried a 90mm mounted figure before and it looks like a mountain of effort before me.
  14. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Jimias, I was wondering, if you was a fan of painting horse..(y)

Beautiful job.

Regards
  15. wmjsajudge New Member

United-States
    WOW! That is one of the best painted horses I have ever seen! Beautiful!