WIP Son of Erin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, May 10, 2012.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Though I was happy with the way the confederate relief came out, something was missing. The Artist Preservation Group (APG) show is being held this year in Fredericksburg VA. I thought a relief of the famed Irish Brigade could not be a better choice given the show venue. I've decide to do another relief and make this a second donation to the APG's show and continued efforts towards Historic Preservation.

I will post photographs as I make progress on the piece. ~Gary

son of erin doodlendrawing RZ.jpg
  2. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Another awesome piece! Thanks once again for your generosity and talent.
  3. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Gary, excellent choice for a followup to the Confederate cavalry bugler (which I'm looking forward to getting at MFCA next weekend)!
  4. O' Tabac Member

Italy
    Excellent, very nice, (y)
    Maurizio
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the relief well on it's way to the homestretch. I'm sculpting what's inside the left sleeve of the overcoat. It reveals the layers that make up a shirt, coat, and inside lining of the overcoat. I thought it would break up the light blue kersey overcoat which dominates the piece. Note the sprig of boxwood tucked into his forage cap which a number of men wore at Fredericksburg. I also started to post an sbs of sorts on my blog. ~Gary

[IMG]

http://garyminsculpt.blogspot.com/
    Christosjager, pmfs and Uruk-Hai like this.