1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Something Small and different

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by RobH, Nov 14, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all

got wrapped up painting this Cool Mini competiton mini (she's a very small 28mm) and tried a lighting effect.

still not finished, but it's for a competiton that needs to be entered today, to this is where she stands right now:

[IMG]

great fun to paint, if not assemble! tell me what you think?!!

:)
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great on the figure Rob....I like the colors. Fantastic on the lighting effect on the wall and the steps around the light.
  3. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Guy

Actually folks, if you follow the link I think you'll be able to vote for it!

Be nice!

Rob's CMON figure
  4. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Well painted Rob !!!

... But eh... what is it? Looks like Xena going to a party in some scary sort of disco.

:lol: ;) OK, SERIOUSLY, it's obvious you handle the technique of painting smaller scale miniatures quite well; are you into that kind of fantasy (?) miniatures ?
  5. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Heh Heh! Cheers Johan

I've no idea who she is supposed to be; a 'mantis' assassin is the description! Still - been wanting to do some small scale stuff for a while and love what people have been producing in the 'mini' line for a while!

BTW, the base is 30mm wide at the top, to give u an idea of the size!
  6. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    ... Well, actually I believe there are more painters of 54mm and above who now and then wander off into the realm of small scale fantasy figures. I recall a very beautiful box diorama of "The Prancing Pony" by well known French figurinist Jean-Pierre Duthilleul with Mithril Min. figures ... I loved it. Personally, if I ever have the time, I'd like to do a vignette of the fight on the Bridge of Khazad-dum - "You shall not pass !!!" ... unforgettable stuff ... ;)
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Very cool mini. I own quite a few of these myself. You have my vote.~Gary
  8. MSzwarc New Member

Rob,

The lighting effect is quite convincing (y) . I've been playing around with some 25mm samurai figures, and I agree, they are fun to paint. And 54 mm doesn't seem so small anymore, either!

Mike
  9. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Gary!

It's a lot of fun to break from military subjects and constraints of historical accuracy and paint wild!
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Rob, fantastic work,I love the lighting effect, very realistic.
    I too enjoy doing these little gems,occasionaly.
    Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc :)
  11. johnnyboy New Member

rob great work i love it i also paint some of this stuff but i havnt seen this mini whos makes it.any way next to confrontation one of my favorite sculptors is werner klocke.well you got my vote thanks for sharing rob take care johnny
  12. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys;

the mini is a Cool Mini or Not site commission piece sculpted by an ex-rackham guy; limited to 400 pieces, it's released for their online competition; they have an online shop where I order mine

I'm probably going to do a Werner Klocke miniature from his freebooter range next, after a Steve Buddle spyglass mini.
  13. Manfred Active Member

I love the lighting Rob (y)

BTW At the moment I do a 32mm "Female archeologist" from a certain pc game by Werner Klocke, however I gave her two smgs. This guy is an awesome small scale sculptor and a nice person, too.
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Rob, excellent lighting effect on the wall!
  15. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Great effects there Rob! so small though, don't know how you do it.
  16. Brad S Member

Rob,

I love the lighting effect and the whole composition. What brand of figure is it? I break off from the historical aspect about every 3rd or 4th figure. I really like this pone that you posted. Thanks for sharing.

Brad Spelts