1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Something quite different

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Perhaps someone knows that Conny (Konrad) Schulte from Fredericus Rex now offers buildings in 1:72 with some figures. After seeing them to often I could not resist and had bought two buildings.

Here the first pics of a house and a "Pranger" (Pillory, stocks) and a 75 mm flat beneath a chair. So you can see how "great" the things are.

More in my next post

Ulrich

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      85.7 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      70.1 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      64.2 KB
      Views:
    pipetrepid, Mike S. and Edorta like this.
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    And because the "Pranger" need some "people" I have tried to paint that figures. Here the first results. The last two figures are not ready at the moment

All paint with oil.

My eyes and my camera had some problems to see all details of the figures but ...

I want to show the house, which is an shop, with some seats before on a marketplace and on the place you will see the "Pranger" with the "friendly" guys throwing some things.

Ulrich

Attached Files:

3. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  4. hsm Member

Canada
    I have some of these bulildings in stock- here in Canada- contact me if interested.

Grant.
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Here some photos from building that house. It is a combination out of different thick paper, balsa wood and foam cardboard. And it is lasercut

It was not to difficult to use oil for that figures. I must use a magnifying glass but it was fun to paint them

Ulrich

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      96.1 KB
      Views:
    • two.jpg
      two.jpg
      File size:
      109.2 KB
      Views:
    • three.jpg
      three.jpg
      File size:
      166 KB
      Views:
    • six.jpg
      six.jpg
      File size:
      138 KB
      Views:
    • four.jpg
      four.jpg
      File size:
      128.2 KB
      Views:
    • eight.jpg
      eight.jpg
      File size:
      164.1 KB
      Views:
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ulrich, those houses are excellent and very realistic looking. Many thanks for posting.

Cheers Ken
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Ken. I know that it is a very small scale for figure painters and buildings are not "normal" to see here. But .....
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Ok. Knowing that is not the favourite scale here, but because it is now finished and so I can "close" that thread.

But comments are welcome

Ulrich

Attached Files:

redhorse, Edorta and billyturnip like this.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Very good Ulrich, perhaps it's not the usual scale we see posted here but it shouldn't stop the more "unusual" projects being displayed.
    I think the buildings might be out of scale for 30mm flats but how do you think they would be for 20mm? :D

Roger
  10. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Beautiful scene Ulrich.The final result is great, with the the cobblestones and the pillory. I´m impressed with the construction of the house. Wundervar!

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thank you, Roger and Eduarto.

Roger: The used figures are between 22 and 23 mm high. So why not 20mm flats. All people are different, so try it. Have you seen Conny´s Trebuchet? Here a picture. And Conny told me that you can reach 4 metres when you use it (only change the resin bag and some weights into the counterweight and then :whistle: )

Ulrich

[IMG]
  12. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the info Ulrich, time to search the catalogues for some likely candidates :D

Can you send me the picture of the trebuchet to my email address, I can't see it. (y) 4m, sounds like me and Maisie could have some fun with that, does it fire dog biscuits?. :ROFLMAO:

Roger
  14. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Eduarto: Conny is a little bit "crazy" doing such things. And yes he is a engineer.

Roger: Email send. And dog biscuits? Over 4 m? I think you need one with 10 or 20 m distance

Ulrich
    billyturnip likes this.
  15. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    ulrich, they do look nice!
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I saw these houses and windmill (if i remember well) at the show in Dusseldorf.
    I fell immediately in love for them:whistle:. Unfortunally i can't paint such small figures.
    But man, what are those buildings amazing.

marc
  17. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    @ Marc. You are right with the windmill.

Bill: thank you.

After some comments in a german forum that the scene is to "clean" I will try to make it more muddy

Ulrich
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Ulrich, A good observation, it will look a lot more realistic with some straw and animal dung, just like Bedale market place. :D

Roger.
  19. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Roger

Is Bedale still today a medieval town??? :whistle: Poor Roger. :D

Ulrich
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It is on a friday and saturday night. :D