1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Something different...sculpting (?) a flat

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wendy, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    I had my magic sculp and a toothpick but had forgotten to bring the projects (the horses) I was working on with me a while back when visiting a friend. So, on a whim I slapped some magic sculp on the lid and started mashing around some putty. Here's the result. Now that I've taken a picture, there's a few things I notice need work. Anyway, any thoughts, comments, etc are always welcome. (As always, please excuse the less than stellar photo quality.)

Cheers,
    Wendy

Attached Files:

2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looks good Wendy :D

Keep them trotting :)

Ray ;)
  3. EdC Member

United-States
    Wendy,

Thats a great start. Looks like you have the knack for this. Try expanding the horse down.

Ed Cepauskas
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    keep on sculpting !!
  5. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. :)
    I won't be expanding this one since I'd like to have it painted in time for Chicago, but next time I might give the whole horse a go.
    I defined the eye and nostril a little better so all I have to do is do the final smoothing and prime the little guy.

Wendy
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great, Wendy! Can't wait to see it painted.
  7. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    An update

Here's a pic of the horse so far. I decided to paint it palomino. Lots of work to do and the mane has to be lightened up a lot, and the eye glossed a bit, but it's a start. :)

Cheers,
    Wendy

Attached Files:

8. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Update pic. He's pretty much done. I may quit while I'm ahead on this one. Either way, it's been a learning experience. :D

Attached Files:

9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Looks very good wendy. It's hard to say on a picture but I would add some shade to the brown
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wendy, your horse looks very good, I like it.
    Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc
  11. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I'll keep that in mind, vergilius. :)