1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique some things I'm working on...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Here are a few things I'm working on currently. The Cav trooper is almost finished (FINALLY!). The Andrea viking only has his chair worked on currently. Only the first coat of oils. Still lots to do. The Dragoon is from Pegaso. Only prime red and groundwork done. Should start painting later today. The lancer trumpeter is next up. I want to get my mistakes out of the way before work starts on the beauty. The pics are bad I know. Taken with my phone but I don't want to stop to take better pictures. Forgive me. uploadfromtaptalk1378225846906.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1378225868896.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1378225890415.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1378225910400.jpg
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like a very neat and organised start on these Jim, I like the choice of base for the cav trooper. Looking forward to following.

Cheers Ken
  3. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Looking good so far mate. Love that dragoon . Can't wait to see it painted. I like the ground work on the base of the painted figure.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Some nice figs there Patrick. I especially like the pegaso Dragoon... great sculpt. Who makes the Lancer trumpeter and what scale is it?

Will be keeping an eye on these pieces.

Colin
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Pegaso, 75mm. Maurizio Bruno sculpt. One of his best sculptures.

Jim Patrick
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Only a slightly better picture. uploadfromtaptalk1378241313374.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Keep it up Jim. I really like your painting style.

Xenofon
  8. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looking good Jim looking forward to seeing these when completed
    Cheers
    Al
  9. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Jim, That's a great line-up of figures you've got going. All have excellent detail, and look like a joy to paint. Ever since Colin's (ChaosCossack) start to his Borodino Dio, I have become very interested in the "Napoleon" era, and especially the many colorful detailed uniforms. Your choice of the Dragoon officer, was going to be my first attempt at painting one of these type of figures, but I decided to go with this one: b2b_PEG_75-088_1.jpg Officer of The Empress Dragoons 1815, also from Pegaso, 75mm. I really like these Dragoon figures, there are many different ones, from many different manufacturers, many highly detailed. I look forward to seeing how your group of figures turns out. Best of luck with all these projects. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
    ChaosCossack and Jim Patrick like this.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jim,
    Glad you are back. Nice assortment.
    Cheers
    John
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Atta boy Jim :D!!

Joe
    Jim Patrick likes this.
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Joe. Been dealin with a few "issues" but hopefully that's behind me now!

Jim Patrick
  13. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I think I might tear up just a little... Wait 'til I tell my Mum, she said I'd never have any impact on the world. Look at me now, Mum, look at me now!:smug:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Nappys

Colin
  14. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Who makes the Dragoon Jim

Ron
  15. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is very nice Jim and great setup

Ron
  16. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Pegaso, 54mm. Another fantastic Maurizio Bruno sculpt. As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of his sculpts.

Jim Patrick
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks quite big for a 54mm Jim ,might get one of these.
    Bruno's stuff does have a bit of elegance to it almost " model like Ie catwalk":) I like his stuff a lot.
  18. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Good eye Ron, Pegaso and Romeo 54's tend to be more like 60mm and quite robust at that. Next to an Art Girona 54, it's almost a full head taller and much stockier.

Colin
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thinking of buying some Lattore 54mm stuff do you know if they are slightly bigger also as these old eyes haven't painted that scale since the very late seventies:eek:

Ron
  20. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    The Dragoon from Pegaso is a wonderful figure perhaps one of the most beautiful figures of the napoleonic range imho.
    Pedro.