1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

some things I finnished in 2016

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by gforceman, Feb 12, 2017.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Included are pictures of two works I finnished in 2016. As I'm unable to take descent pictures myself I asked Ramir Hereygers to take some and process them. That's one of the reasons why they appear here so late. The other reason is that my brother passed away in january and my mind wasn't really into modelling and stuff.

The first one is capitain D'anjou. It's 54mm casted in white metal, and the worst cast I've ever seen, and was given away with a subscription to the Figure International Magazine. I used acrylics, inks and pigments on this. The cactus came from a DML kit. The metal fo the figure gave me a lot of problems and headaches and if it wasn't a comission for a very special friend it would have ended in the waste bin!

[IMG]

second is a resin bust by Broken Toad in about 120mm scale. It's a depiction of the white rabbit, compagnion of Alice, you know the one in wonderland. This was a joy to work with : nicely sculpted and a superb cast resulted in almost no cleaning up work. It's all painted using acylics and inks; I wanted to give him the look of a dangerous lunatic maybe just escaped from an assylum?

[IMG]

I would love to hear what you all think of it, and hint and tips on how to improve my work are very much appreciated.

Thanks for watching,

Gino
    pmfs, Jeff T, Mike Stevens and 6 others like this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Bothe nicely painted:).
    Sergey Popovichenko likes this.
  3. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Nice paint. And nice photo-montage of the first picture :).

Cheers Borek
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I think you do pretty fine work (y)!

Joe
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely finished.
    Cheers
    John
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

Very nice and for some reason I particularly like the rabbit.

Cheers

Huw
  7. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Well, if that 54mm D'anjou cast is the worst you ever seen;you certainly made it look great.And that looney rabbit looks pretty slick too.Keep up the good work.

Wayne
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done ! This is great work on both pieces.

Paul.
    Huw63 likes this.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    It's great to see you back on the brushes Gino.
    I really like the first one.

Marc
  10. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Really like the first one Gino, that is beautiful work!

My condolence's to you too for the loss of your brother.

Jeff.
  11. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Nicely done on both especially the D'anjou figure.

Chris