1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Some pics of my favourite head sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Michael Tse, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Flipping thru old folders, I discovered these three pictures. Nothing I havent shown here before. But they do make the point of why Young is such a brilliant sculptor. And regarding the relative lack of depth on this particular paint job, I actually do not regret my choices back then.

This piece is of sentimental value to me as it concluded my life as an undergrad in the charming Georgian town that is Bath.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      212.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      205.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      209.9 KB
      Views:
    rej and flart1943 like this.
  2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    The eyes look great. Now, when can we expect to see one of these beauties finished?
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Thanks Mike. Not in the near term. Yes, I know. I am just as frustrated.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Michael. Please get something finished.
    Carl.
  5. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    I actually have a very good reason/excuse for not finishng any project I started. Maybe two.

I use this hobby to take my mind off things. I am in a very intense MSc course and every second spent on painting is a luxury. In that it rivals my time for revision, and that it affords me some leisure.

Secondly, I never consider laying paint on a kit as "starting" a task. As such, it does not warrant a "finish". Everything I do I do it to test an approach, a paint or, as I said, to take my mind off things.

The head sculpt above could only receive a complete finish on its own because my degree was finished and there was nothing left to do except waiting for graduation ceremony. A whole month free.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You mean to say that you're letting a Masters degree get in the way of painting.:D I think that we understand your priorities.
    Good luck with yous studies,
    Carl.
  7. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong