1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Some New Burr And Yew

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Jan 5, 2013.

1. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    My teacher had a spilt personality, it was like being taught by Jekyll and Hyde, he also always wanted you to make stuff out of MDF.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc
    How are you , Happy new Year . What scale is it and which make , and do you have something specific in mind regards wood type .

Ron
  3. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You wanna base in MDF I-a make-a you one (not):eek::D
  4. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'd rather be locked in a room with old grumbler for the rest of my life.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Ron, the same wishes for you and the familly.
    The scale is 54mm and it is this one.
    cofm11.jpg

Hope you got something really nice for this figure.;)(y)
    And no hurry, gotta paint walls, take some wallpaper on. That has all to be done in my new house that I bought on 31 december.

marc
  6. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Now that is a great mini worthy of a beautiful base.
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Best wishes for you and family and the new house.

That is a rather splendid figure , Metal models I presume:cool: Got a couple of nice Options here this new burr has some striking grain textures ,I will send a couple of pictures tomorrow with options Im off to bed as this cold has came back with vengeance , talk tomorrow .

Ron
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc
    Re Mamaeluke 54mm figure I could cut you a piece for this burr in the picture ,One side is pippy and the other has more of a defined grain personally I would not go over 110mm by 50mm the height is 45mm it is all nice no matter which side you look at. it is unpolished at the moment so will look even better when oiled .

I notice that most off the guys who do the metal models stuff tend to keep the base size to the bare minimum to show off the figure .
    IMG_7010.JPG IMG_7012.JPG Pippy side

IMG_7011.JPG Ron
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    PM send for further information.

marc
  10. steve j Active Member

England
    hi ron looking for somthing with an edge like the top piece around 100mm by between 80mm and 100mm under 100 would be good
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve J
    Not quite sure of your dimensions are you talking about 100x100mm square and 80mm in height.

Ron
  12. steve j Active Member

England
    i looking for 100x90ish mm and about 50mm high but the height can be flexable
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve
    Can do you 100x90 x45 mm no problem ,cut from the picture above .
    It is a splendid piece of wood but I tend to say that about each one as the grain directions always amazes me .

One of these days I will make a table top sculpture out of this stuff :)

Ron
  14. steve j Active Member

England
  15. gogok Active Member

HongKong
    Lovely wood base. Ron~
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron and happy new year mate,these new wood additions to your range look very nice and will do any figure proud,I'm sure these will be very popular for you.

Brian