1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Some may have not seen this yet

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ronaldo, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Also ask Farzad to join our group !!!!
    OldTaff, zane666 and Nap like this.
  2. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tommi, I didn't think printing individual copies would be viable... I think I'll stick to physical modelling (y)

Neil
    Tommi likes this.
  3. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    This is not comercial work. Those are all his portfolio pieces. The guy is a genius.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    ...... although I notice on his developing website there is a 'shop' as yet empty but it would be great if he could produce work for the commercial market.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I do not think that 3-D sculpting will be the end of modeling "by hand".

It's just a new kind that comes alongside the conventional ones. And the basic knowledge - an understanding of anatomy, historical knowledge and good research remain the same!

In addition, not only the computer is important, but - as far as we collectors - the quality of printing!

And really good 3-D printers are - at the moment - very, very expensive! Commercially, this is only worthwhile for large editions.

Just as Resin figures have stepped next to those made of white metal - without displacing them! - that means for us: more choice!

Cheers
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Costs and piracy..factors that seem to weigh towards very short production runs, Kickstarter..plus sculptIng doesn’t pay..$600 a sculpt..it’s a trifle and favours knocking out herds vs one or two tour de force pieces
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  7. custer760 Well-Known Member

How come this is advertised in news,as in new kits etc. When it will never be available to paint??Wouldnt this be better in the 3Dsculpts thread??
    Regards
    Pete
    Alex Long likes this.
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

Two exceptional pieces of work imho.

Cheers

Huw
  9. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Custer, I can’t answer for sure, but I do watch this spot, and perhaps if interest shows someone will bring about. I’d rather see what’s new and adventurous even if some never happens