1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Some may have not seen this yet

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Ronaldo, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Ronaldo A Fixture

2. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Is this the Raft of the Medusa? Stupendous!
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    U N B E L I E V A B L E!:woot:
  4. Jonthan mcmeekin Active Member

Bloody Hell! Just when you think the hobby can't get any better. What's the crack on getting one?
    Cheers from sunny Cumbria.
    Jonathan
  5. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

Love this, has all the hallmarks of a classic (painting).
    Will this be commerecial? Please say yes... pretty please?
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing

Marc
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    malc, b00gie, Jaybo and 13 others like this.
  8. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  9. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Crikey !! Some of the best figures I've ever seen !
  10. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is the ultimate. Can you buy this masterpieces somewhere ?????
  11. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Absolutely stunning....going into the realms of "other-worldly". I can imagine this as a 54mm or 75mm creation. Many years ago ,I think a French chap made it with Historex conversions, but this rendering is in another galaxy altogether.:woot:
  12. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic realisation (I particularly like the da Vinci one... earlier work seems mainly fantasy but Zastrow's link is worth following (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2k16P)... click on the side arrows to see more examples.

BUT, a stupid 3D rookie question: this is fantastic as virtual artwork, but how do 'real' castings compare in terms of detail etc?

I remember reading elsewhere to 'sculpt with casting in mind', yet renders such as these seem not to follow that rule.

Genuine question.
  13. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Saw this on facebook a few days back. Mind blowing and awesome in every way. Think it was sculpted in zBrush. I would love to get hold of the files for this and have a look at it in my software. Lets hope its released in kit form although I think it would be a little on the expensive side.

Tommi
    OldTaff likes this.
  14. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If the prints are done on a quality SLA printer then the results should be as smooth as a top of the range resin kit in terms of clean sharp detail. It does require a certain amount of knowledge on the casting and mould making side of things to build the separate pieces in a parts that can be cast.

Tommi
  15. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I try to stick to comments on Napoleonics but THIS… blimey! Must put to bed the suspicion that 3D sculpting is somehow not as good as the ‘real thing’. Would argue that Farzad Maleki’s work puts him in the same class as some of the sculptors of the Renaissance – albeit in miniature. Totally, unbelievably brilliant.

Jeff
    Jaybo, OldTaff, patmaquette and 2 others like this.
  16. taliesin2013 Active Member

17. taliesin2013 Active Member

It's only scratch or for any brand?
  18. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can only agree. There's something monumental about these - especially the Da Vinci piece. Right now though, I need to know where all
    this drool is coming from.....
    OldTaff likes this.
  19. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tommi.

Does this mean that SLA printing (had to look that up ;) ) is the go to for realising 3D sculpting or is that just an interim stage to make a master from which copies are cast?
  20. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow, great premise. I wonder how much it will cost?