1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

some horses...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wendy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    I've been working on a couple horse sculpts, one of which has the beginnings in an earlier vbench. Here's a couple pics. One is the 54mm arabian reaching out (for what, I haven't decided) and the other a 40mm draft horse.

Cheers,
    Wendy

Attached Files:

2. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Wendy, I like these. The Arabian has good proportions and a different post, which makes it interesting. The draft horse looks great in side profile, it could perhaps be a little bulkier when viewed from the front.

What medium did you use to sculpt them in?
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great, Wendy! I have an idea for the Arabian if want to collaborate on a project. Send me an e-mail if interested.

Jason
  4. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    The arab

Dear Wendy,

two very promising sculpts. I wish you well.
    If I may comment, the Arab has a beautiful head and neck proportions. However, both appear a little large in proportion to the body. This is a small point and does not detract from the piece. Well done.
    Rgds Victor
  5. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    We can never have enough horses, lovely work !
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Wendy,
    Looks good to me
    Cheers
    John
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Wendy.
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Wendy, that's very good indeed. Well done

Stephen Mallia
  9. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Stephen, John, Guy, and Stephen for your encouraging words. :)

Hey Robert. You're right about the draft horse. It's easy to find profile pics to use, but really hard to find head on views (even views from the back are easier to find!). The chest still needs work, as I'm having trouble defining the muscles in that area and how the muscles connect around to the shoulder area.

Hi Victor. Thanks for the comment. I'll have to check the measurements again. I'm still learning. :D

Hey Jason! I'll send you an email right after posting this. Now I'm curious what you have in mind. :D

Cheers all,
    Wendy
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Miss Wendy .... compliments...... one good start .... appeals more to me the Draft Horse....... but you put of the greater photos so as to be able appreciate better your job;)

Saluti MAB :)
  11. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Maurizio. I will work on them a little more and then try to take better pictures. :)
  12. Marijn Van Gils New Member

Hello Wendy,

again: great job!!!
    I would also love some bigger pictures, because it seems like you added some nice details but I can't see them very well.
    Keep up the good work, and best wishes,

Marijn
  13. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Hi Marjin. Thank you. :)

Yes, the pictures are not very detailed, but I think I have figured out what I am doing wrong. I will test my hypothsis as soon as I have worked on the figures a little more. :D

Wendy