1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Some finished models (a little picture heavy).

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by nick, Apr 11, 2015.

1. nick New Member

United-States
    Hello,

I am a long time 'lurker' of these forums, not even signed in to my account! I thought I might introduce myself with some old miniatures and one new miniature. The three models shown first were painted when I was 16 and now the new JMD Norman Knight has just been started and finished over the past six months, whilst I am studying for my Fine Art degree here in London at the age of 21. I am hoping you can all offer criticisms of this latest piece as it is such a fantastic piece, in my opinion, that I would like to have painted him to the best of my abilities. You can check out the WIP of him along with a couple of other pieces HERE. And more pictures of the older models HERE.
    Many thanks and greetings in advance,
    Nicholas.

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

And my latest work!

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's some beautiful work for a 16 year old.Welcome and looking forward to some more of your excellent work.
    Mark
    anstontyke and nick like this.
  3. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Well done, you are starting out very nicely.

Steve Deyo
    tomifune, anstontyke and nick like this.
  4. DancingShaman Active Member

Turkey
    Great work my friend.
  5. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Fine work on all of these figures, but one can see a great leap in proficiency and expression with the JMD figure. Hope I can reach your level of expertise.
  6. swralph A Fixture

I can certainly see the difference between the first 3 and the 4th figures.They remind me of a style of painting that was around in the 80's early 90's.Keep up the good work.
    All the best.
    Ralph.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Excellent start to the hobby, look forward to seeing more.
    Regards
    Bob
  8. nick New Member

United-States
    Thank you everyone! I have to confirm that I am not new to the hobby, just picking my brushes up after a 4 or so years break!!
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Really nice. Very unique style... definitely stand out in a crowd. It brings to mind the stark geometrics, hard lines and bold colours of the propaganda posters of the 30's and 40's. I've never seen it applied to figures before but I gotta say I really dig it!

Welcome to the Planet, I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Colin
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Welcome to planetFigure Nick, obviously you can paint so now you can get down to really enjoying it(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Ps will we see you at the BMSS Nationals on the 25th?
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome and have a great time here.
    Cheers
    John
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. nick New Member

United-States
    Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Unfortunately not, i shall, however be at Salute in London that day.
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Welcome! Great painting for a sixteen year old
    anstontyke likes this.
  14. nick New Member

United-States
    So, I took a little bit of a break to finish my degree, apply for my masters and get my life together after graduating! I have recently finished a model, Steve Kirtley's casting of Mike Blank's Richard the Lionheart that I picked up at Figureworld in 2015. I remember seeing the origional at Euro Militaire and being in absoloute awe of it so there was a lot of pressure to do it a bit of justice. I didn't aim to paint him as Richard, more just as a knight of some sort or another. Please let me know what you think!

Kind regards,

Nicholas

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  15. Squiremon PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice work. Liked seeing your progression and refinement of your personal style in these works. You have a very bold style that is becoming more subtle as shown in your Richard figure. Glad to see some young blood in the hobby.
    anstontyke and marco55 like this.
  16. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely painting, you have done it justice.
    anstontyke likes this.
  17. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    looking good from here. Keep going(y)
    anstontyke likes this.