1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Soldiers Roman Navarca Update #4

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by roadking, Jan 12, 2010.

1. roadking Active Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG] Sunday was a very productive painting day for me and reminded me of the old days when I used to be able to get in a marathon painting session with great regularity. Between the cold, snow, NFL Playoffs and needing some peace and quiet I was able to get a lot done on this figure. As you can see in the photos I have completed the torso enough that I was able to glue it to the base and glue the head/mantle assembly to the torso. I will now paint around the feet, finish the boots and start detailing everything from the bottom up. I plan on tweaking a few of the color tones as well with washed and glazes. I usually reserve judgement on where I need to play with the tones until I see the figure all together. Colors effect one another and subtle work with tones can be necessary to get the overall effect just right. I have now begun painting the shield and lance as well. You will note a strong sheen to the blue of the mantle. This is due to the fact that the photos were taken minutes after I finished the initial blocking of colors on the back of the mantle. Indigo dries slightly more matte but I may still have to apply a dullcoat layer in the end.

[IMG]

More...
    Mike Stevens, Meehan34 and dimgall like this.