1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Soldiers of Fortune - Roman legionnaire 75mm

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Alexey, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Alexey Member

Ukraine
    Manufacturer - Soldiers of Fortune
    Size 75mm
    Material - White Metal

www.soldfort.com

Attached Files:

Trep, gordy and pmfs like this.
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why is he standing on his shield (used for offence as well as defence), not carrying it? Good pose otherwise.
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Yep, Roman legionaries used their shields, they were an integral part of the way they were trained to fight. And they used the gladius as a stabbing weapon (hence how short it is).

BTW, modern research suggests the tunic should probably be off-white or the natural colour of the fibre.

Einion
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Valid points I'm sure but it's still a nice figure in an unusual pose...and who says it is his shield? Looks to me like he's lost his in what looks like a hard bit of fighting and the one he is standing on is battlefield debris :)

Roger
  5. joegabo Member

Canada
    Like the pose. In the heat of battle not everything always goes as planned. Weapons and shields would be dropped and perhaps picked up at a point where it wont cost you your head.:p There are plenty of standard poses nice to see a change.

Take care,
    Joe
  6. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    I don't mind the pose so much. If you carefully read the original Roman accounts of soldiers in battle it's very obvious that they could often be a damned indisciplined lot. Ignoring orders, leaving the battle-line, arguing with officers (even the emperor!) and going off and doing stuff on their own volition. You could imagine he's off on one of these activities.

This appears to be a model of the famous Roman strongman Arnoldus Schwarzeneggerus (maybe he's in the throes of a 'roid rage :p )

The clothing colour is fine. There's evidence for both red and white tunics.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Alexey! (y) I Really dig -the pose, sure is a break from the "hand on the hip" or "pointing off to the horizon"

As for the colours.. I'm sure it's not prepainted, so people can paint them in any fashion!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice Roman Soldier.
    I like how he is standing. Something else.

Marc