1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

soldier pac castings

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by badger, Jun 25, 2018.

1. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I am looking for soldier pac castings, does anyone know where I can get them,they were copies of britains figures and usefull for replacing missing figures from britains sets. been out of production for quite a while. thank you/badger
  2. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The website link is dead, but this site has an address and phone number. Link below.

Soldier Pac

-Rich
  3. polyphemus Well-Known Member

Something lurking in the depths of my geriatric memory suggests that the company based in Wakefield sold the business on to someone based in Australia? Besides Soldierpac they also marketed the 90mm range of figures from Hussar & the foot figures sculpted by Ray Lamb for Hinchliffe Models. I last dealt with the business in Wakefield around 10 years ago.

Geoff
  4. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    thank you/badger
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, Soldierpac is gone. They had most of the old Phoenix Model Developments catalog, too. That was picked up by Forty-Third, Ltd. I don't remember clearly, but Soldierpac may have had some of Russell Gammage's Rose Miniatures catalog, too. Like I said, I'm not clear on that.

I think Geoff is correct; I recall, too, that some part of Soldierpac's catalog went to Oz. There was a discussion about it on the Treefrog Toy Soldier Forum around the time of the sale.

That was around the same time that I learned of John Eden, who picked up much of the old Rose catalog of 18th century figures in 54mm. That's what makes me think that that was related to the demise of Soldierpac.

I don't know if I've helped make things clearer, or foggier, but I hope it helps.

Prost!
    Brad
    polyphemus likes this.
  6. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    thank you all/badger
  7. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    theBaron likes this.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, um, an unfortunate choice of words ;) I'd like to offer the clarification that Ron Ruddell is a licensed Britains dealer, including a license to make replacement parts. ;)

Prost!
    Brad
  9. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    thanks again/badger
  10. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I have the castings of the british army on the north west frontier- the mule with the wounded soldiers sitting either side of it and a indian soldier with turban walking in front of it. I am looking for castings of the other indian army figures to go with it,if anyone has some for sale please contact me, thank you/badger
  11. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium