1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Soldatini International special issue "Painting Figures Static Model Manual"

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gioazz, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ciao Giovanni
    Is the magazine based on acrylic painters and if so it would be nice to see some in depth articles for oil painters as there is still a few of us hanging on to this style of painting.:)

Ron
    Eludia likes this.
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ok, lets try a different approach. I already subscribe to Soldatini International (via Newsstand) and it is a very enjoyable read and I also have the excellent book by Danilo Cartacci (also from Auriga) but I cannot buy this Soldatini special through my usual means for reasons already mentioned. Based on the limited preview available, I see nothing new enough to persuade me to try and obtain a copy through other means (hard copy for example) but, like any potential customer, I can be persuaded by a good pitch.

So, how does this bookazine compare to the Cartacci book for example or to other content that is available freely on the internet? Is there enough new content to justify a purchase?

Many thanks in advance,
    Billy :)
    housecarl likes this.
  3. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    There is no way i can download this Special to my iPad. I can see it in the newstand, but it does not show its price (other issues do show it) only a "buy" button. When I click on it, newstand crashes. Am I doing something wrong?
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I downloaded it and have no problems at all. For me as a oilpainter there is alot more information that I can use. For me, it whas worth the money as are all soldatini's. At the moment I love the soldatini magazine. It's a good magazine in English and it is not sponsored by a firm like for instance Andrea that has there own magazine.

Marc
    gioazz likes this.
  5. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I to buy through newstand and as others I hit the buy button and it crashes back so still no copy :( , I will keep trying to get it.
  6. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Ron,

The magazine is based mostly on how to approach painting, whatever the medium, but mostly Aleks paints with acrylics. Is a great book, the printed edition sold out long time ago.

We are thinking of getting the Cartacci book on oil painting as a special edition as well, but this book is really worth it.

Ciao

Giovanni
  7. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Billy,

I'm happy to answer and to help. As for your issue with the newsstand I can get in touch with the owner of the platform (pocketmags) and ask what's going on, but I need to know what device are you using, OS version and app version if possible. If you can PM me these details I'll get back to you as soon as they answer me.

As for the magazine, the approach that Aleks use and the pips and tricks of how he approach painting is quite good and unique, for instance he paints a miniature black and white to explain how lights and shadows works when scaled down.

Danilo's book is more about what mix he uses for the various colours materials, Aleks adds tips and tricks on how to paint, how to see the miniatures (his own way of course).

Hope this helps.

Giovanni
  8. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Malc, Luis,

if you can pm me with the device you use, the OS you have and hopefully the app version via PM I will get in touch with the platform owner and try to solve the situation.

Thanks

Giovanni
  9. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I have a subscription to the magazine on my iPad bought through the app on iTunes. I am having the exact same problem already mentioned. The book is there but no price. If you click on buy it crashes and goes back to the bookshelf screen.
    I have an iPad 2 with iOS 8. I'd love the book but can't buy it.
    Gerald
  10. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Gerald, will ask and get back to you as well on this one, please bare with me.

Thank you
    balder likes this.
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Want it, could not download it.

Steve Deyo
    tomifune likes this.
  12. les_berryman New Member

Australia
    Same here . keeps crashing
    I pad 3 iOS 8 0 2
  13. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    I'm using an Ipad air. I have experienced the same issues with both the last 7.xxx and current 8.0.2 iOS. I have uninstaled and re instaled the Soldatini app to no avail
  14. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    How do I PM ?
  15. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi guys, I've written to the platform owner, he will surely get back tome in monday.
    Apologise for the delay.
    @malc click in mi profile and start a conversation.

Thank you.

Giovanni
  16. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Guys,

I finally got the answer from the platform owner, basically everyone can buy this issue online on www.pocketmags.com or on any android, kindle, microsoft devices.

As for apple, you can't buy via the app until Apple decides this issue will be eligible for sale, and this can take up to 3 weeks.

So the only way to read if you have an apple device is online on a Mac or PC, when Apple will approve it you will then be able to download it for free on your device.

I'll get back to you on when Apple will approve it, unfortunately there is nothing I can do, and I'm really sorry for any inconvenience I did cause you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Giovanni
  17. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Cheers Giovnni.
  18. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  19. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Thanks G, I'll wait for a couple of weeks, then.
  20. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks Giovanni. I'll get it later when it becomes available.
    Gerald