1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique SOL model 1/9 - Musa, the warrior

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by dinovision79, Jul 26, 2013.

1. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Folks,

finished this beautiful sculpt from SOL, depicting salve Yeosol from the Korean movie Musa. The casting and fit was excellent despite the size, but as usual from SOL, painted in acrylics.

All comments are welcome!
    Denes

res_IMG_0044.jpg res_IMG_0024.jpg res_IMG_0023.jpg res_IMG_0039.jpg res_IMG_0037.jpg res_IMG_00231.jpg
  2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Excellent brushwork
  3. jenghiz Active Member

England
    The film was sold as The Warrior in the U.K.,great film and fine model,well done .Are the figures still being made by Sol ?
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Not at all familiar with this character, nonetheless this is an exceptional piece.

Joe
  5. dinovision79 Active Member

Thank you for the comments! :)

@Jenghiz, yes, Musa means warrior and the title varied. The positure is based on the movie's poster. The figure is available again ;)

@Joe55, not a cult character for sure, but the figure is outstanding.

Cheers
    Denes
  6. Sokol Member

Hungary
    Cracking work :woot: !
  7. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Nice one

Actually SOL is back in business and selling again, but its either through their website or e-bay. I haven't seen any retailers in the US or elsewhere selling their stuff. They do make some nice figs, their 200mm Fallschirmjager in the Ardennes is one of the best figs I have ever had,
  8. Bone Active Member

Singapore
    Awesome! It may be a stunning figure, but its your wonderful brushwork that's done it justice!
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb Denes.
    Carl.
  10. dinovision79 Active Member

Appreciate the comments guys! :)

@JasonB - I didn't know that, great news, thanks!
  11. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Great job!! I have this dvd and you have brought the character to life.

Bob
  12. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Love this. Great looking figure and very well painted. Super cool.

Alex.
  13. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Holy Moly! What a face!
    One of the best painted figs that I watched this year!
    Congrats!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  14. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    I'll second that, Zeno!

Denes, this piece is stunning! It's not just the tones - it's the artistic expression as well! You pretty nailed it superbly well! Congratulations! :happy:
  15. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    the picture is greath
  16. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Wow! I've got this one sitting in my stash but I know mine will never look this good. A fine job on what is an excellent kit. Do you have the swordsman kit they put out from the same movie. It's also a fantastic kit.
    Again a fine job,
    Gerald
  17. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  18. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Wow that is nice, and its great that SOL is back again, I had quite a few of their kits, never this one though as I didn't know anything about the movie, wish I had!!! Great painting especially on the weave of the smock and the blood is also well done
    Ben
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very good work indeed

Steve
  20. dinovision79 Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to comment, you're too kind! The figure offers himself with the stance and all fine details, actually got to know the film after I got it.
    There is a pair of it, general Choi Yung with a sword, will follow some day. Both are perfect copies of their movie character, but I think Musa is way more cool.

Thanks again! ;)
    Denes