1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Soissonois Officer during Inspection, 1781 (Updated)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jul 19, 2008.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello all:

Here are some updated photos of the officer. For the lapels, I used a mix of magenta and Napoleonic red, highlighted with light flesh. Shadows...I added more Prussian blue to the base color, with final shadows including a dab of black. Outlining was the same mix as the darkest shadow but thicker.

Basecoat for vest - deck tan and offwhite, 1:1
    Basecoat for the pants - silver grey and deck tan, 1:1
    Basecoat for the gaiters - German winter tanker white, panzer aces 344 + stone grey

Comments and feedback are welcomed and appreciated.
    [IMG][IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MinervaMini New Member

United-States
    Daniel,

What an amazing figure this should be. Truly a unique pose and the character in the face is perfect both for his rank and for the era. Thank you for continuing to post your colors/palette. This is especially useful for a novice painter like myself.

Highlights, shades, and incredibly precise outlining in the lapels demonstrate how finely a figure of this size must be painted. Looking forward to more pics!

Regards,
    Julia