1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sniper Sargent 1916 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Oct 27, 2009.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Have started work on a 90mm figure representing a Brit/Commonweatlh sniper.The leggings he wears are empty sandbags to keep the puttees clean of mud.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

An excellent start mate. Just one observation. The sergeants stripes on the left sleeve of the great coat look too large and sitting too high on the arm. Will he be wearing head gear??
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tony,
    Thanks for the comment.There will be some optional hats added,a helmet and maybe a brimmen hat or two.The stripes stay .;-) .
    Andy
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Andy I will have to agree with Tony, with regards the size and position of the stripes.
    A cracking sculpt though.
    Carl.
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    OK, I know it's been like forever since I posted but one has to start somewhere. My question, and I'm certianly not claiming to be an expert here, but would a sniper, even during WWI be carrying a bayonet around on the end of the weapon? Baynets tend to make the end of the weapon move and shake therefore making the flight of the round unstable.

Just an observation.....

Jim Patrick
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Guys,
    The bayonet is there as i have based the figure on a portrait,will post later.The stripes ,the shoulders are yet to be done.
    Andy
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Some more progress .Helmet,scarf and lowered sergeant chevrons .The mouth looks a little odd in this pic for some reason so will do some clean up.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Here,s the photo the figure is based on.
    Andy

Attached Files:

9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Yet another quirky take on a subject Andy.
    Could the bayonet be due to this being a 'studio portrait' so staged for dramatic effect in the photo for the folk back home maybe?

Take care,

Mike
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Mike and Andy

it is a photo made for the folks at home. You can see it if you had a look at the background of the photo. You can see that there is a painted background, used like in photo studios or theatres.

Typical for that time. The only unusual is that it is made not in a studio but somewhere outside. So in normal case I think it could be made behind the front in the base (that what we called in German "Etappe")

Ulrich
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Interesting subject, with the posing for the photo as well, adding a sort of "break" in the fighting I presume :eek:

Keep them rolling Andy!!

Ray ;)
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Andy.
  13. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    G'Day Andy
    Mate ,I just love the subjects your coming up with at the moment, another GREAT sculpt ,well done,when is it available ? I have to get a some more of your figures
    Cheers
    Al