1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique SNIPER BUST 200 MM marriage

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by pinsel, Mar 13, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    surely lots of you will remember the sculpting of Rene Duret with his Ed Harris bust.i immediatly liked it.and Rene was so nice to sell me an copy after he had finished it.i received it and like it very much.because Rene was very gracius with extra parts an BIG THANKS TO HIM,i had Head and Rifle with hands and scope left as spare parts.
    i will make the orginal bust in its constellation Rene sculpted.but when i played around on the desk i grapped by chance an partly made Young bust of the MG42 gunner.and the hands as head will fit without greater adjustments.some minor fitting and the sculpting of an scope pouch are in my humble possibilities.and then it will look complety differenet from the orginal ones.
    so i have now two snipers one the original from Rene and this marriage of two great products.
    this is only the first fitting test some adjustments have to make but it looks already pleasing for me.
    possible only because of the gratiously added spare parts from Rene
    i think it will end in an nice interesting bust.
    to all fancy with Renes Bust i can only say have an go its really nice.if you want drop an comment its always welcome to hear fellow modellers oppinions
    cheers

Attached Files:

Renéduret, gordy, unknown01 and 2 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Markus, looking good, I must say congrats on finding a bust that has arms spaced nearly exactly to Renes , very lucky. awaill be following.

Cheers Ken
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello ken
    yes suiting not too bad but was pure coincidence that i found out
    cheers
    cheers
  4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hi! Markus.
    Great bust model and progress.
    The figure is very cool.

Mitsutaka.
  5. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello mitsutaka
    yes the bust Rene did is really fine.and it makes an nice combination with the young item.
    as person interested in military sniping i could not resist
    cheers
  6. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hey! I didn't see this one yet before....haha, nice indeed! My first headsculpt with torso...you go, Marcus!

thanks for the credits,

Rene