1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP smoothing super sculpey

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by jimias, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    I was wondering how can someone smooth out super sculpey before and how after it is cured. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Yust to add, after baking and sanding you might want to polish it with nylon stocking-you can get really smooth surface.
    However it is better to polish it before baking as Gaudin said...
    Gaudin likes this.
  4. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The best result I have ever achieved on a baked model was to spray very gently and very lightly with grey primer that has been uber shaken and warmed up ( obviously it was licked clean pre baking :))
    and then after its fully dried - buff it with a felt pad - gets glassy finish, but it hasnt been 100% reliable - I may not have been reproducing the conditions right.

The primer then fills all the micropores and the finish is really nice, but if you overdo it you will get bold sculpey patches coming through
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you guys for the help. I ll try them out see what I get.I appreciate it.