1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SMC 2011, more about the show

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Radek, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Radek Active Member

Poland
    After a busy weekend I had on my University I'd like to present a pack of photos from the SMC show that took place in Eindhoven on 2nd October. Hope you enjoy because I enjoyed it a lot and will be there next year. I had the opportunity to judge in 3 classes along with Roy Schurgers and Sven Frisch in the company. That was a totally new and fresh experience for me also because of the simple and reasonable criteria for the competition.

Entrance to the show halls

[IMG]My trophys[IMG]The scene
    [IMG]The bar, where the evening discussions took place and I had couple of drinks with Mig Jimenez, Robert Crombeecke and others...
    [IMG]I had the opportunity to see Jean Bernard Andre's masterpieces

[IMG]Other works
    [IMG]Mrs Siepmann's sculpt
    [IMG]Alessandro Bruni's lord chaos
    [IMG]
    [IMG]The ocean witch
    [IMG]Familiar with this name? Migs models on presentation

[IMG]Marijn van Gils was so kind to describe me the way he created his award winning "Busted" box diorama. It won the Best of Show at SMC
    [IMG]Lots of beautiful stuff to be seen there

[IMG]Roy Schurgers' works on the Scale Model Factory club stand

[IMG]Armor -Masters - class 22

[IMG]Lanna-Bruschi duo brought several of their works, among them this decapitated Centurion ARV

[IMG]
    [IMG]Volker Bemmbennek took gold for his new StuG III G scene
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Roger Hurkmans' RSO scene
    [IMG]
    Roger Hurkmans' StuG III G 0 Defeat of the Dutch scene:

[IMG]Red Devils in Arnhem...[IMG]
    [IMG]There were also some polish accents in the show, Kamil Sztarbala's polish Dana vz 1977 sp howitzer, took silver in dioramas-standard
    [IMG]Florian Zehe's Egyptian JS 3[IMG]
    Markus Lack's StuG III F/8[IMG]Sven Frisch's Panther from Berlin:[IMG]Roy Schurgers' T-34 monument
    [IMG]Roger Hurkmans' wonderful RSO, another view
    [IMG]Volker Bemmbennek's 'garage' scene "Ferme!"

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]Tailgunner by Jean Bernard Andre, this humble frenchman made a presentation about handling resin components to create realistic and artistic water effects
    [IMG]The italian shippment... Vincenzo Lanna and Alessandro Bruschi brought all together 21 works of their own along with the works of other italian modellers, which won many awards
    [IMG]Eriv Vogel?s jungle diorama

[IMG]

[IMG]

More...
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks RAdek,
    It was a great day.

marc
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    WOW! Impressive pieces (y)

I like the Ocean Witch and the ball turret pieces, very interesting use of materials!