1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SMASH IT!!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Calvin, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Calvin Member

Finished, at least.

My own rendition, done in acrilics as usual. The whole piece received a final coat of satin paint, while some other items (like the eyes, the mouth and the letters) have been coated with gloss paint.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and "dulcis in fundo", the natural one...

[IMG]

...100% preservative-free, a tribute to the big-scale fans [IMG]

It is not so easy as it seems to sculpt and paint in such an huge scale (brushing it is like the never ending story...), but I like it that way, bigger pieces have a special charm.

More pictures available here.

Thanks for looking!
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Luca, Great job painting the HULK. Painting the HULK title was a project all it's own.~Gary
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Luca,
    very nicely done! I love the use of the gloss coat, and the eyes are fantastic. I'm with Gary, the base was a whole jod in itself and very well done. GGRRRRRRRRRRR....................................

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Calvin Member

Thank!

In fact, even if simpler, the base and letters required more time than the bust, the Vallejo gloss bottles are still crying...
  5. bosko b Member

Hi Luca,

Great job, the letters and the mouth look amassing. I especially like the shading of the teeth!

Regards.

Luka
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing painted monster.
    Great work.

Marc
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful!!!
    christos
  8. Calvin Member

Luka, Marc and Christos, thank you.

Well, after receiving these shots I was unable to resist...

The first has been heavily photoshop'ed to emulate the comics-cover style, while the others have been just backgrounded, adjusting a little the brightness.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is the rendition made by Pepa Saavedra, a very talented painter from Spain. She does it all with an airbrush.
  9. Lubitch Member

Poland
    Beautiful, amazing painting ! :eek:
    Your monsters have a lot of potential to paint !

cheers

Wojciech Lubicz-Lapinski
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    VERY nice work!

Jay H.
    OKC