1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Small World

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DEL, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Apart from the usual suspects that I travel to Euro with, Brian, Don, David, Ross, Raymond and now Stephan I didn't have any regular contact with fellow modellers.
    On Friday I was meeting with the Divisional Fire Officer for my area who I have worked closely with for years, during the meeting my laptop crashed, I called the IT genius who has fixed stuff almost daily in my office for at least the past 6 years, after going through the usual "have you tried turning it off" script he came over.
    When he got it working on came my background, Diego's Mounted Samurai of a few years ago, Tech guy turns out to have been painting figures for years, Fireman 25 years painting and wargaming.....end of meeting, beginning of a long conversation.
    The world must be full of closet modellers and painters.....we are not alone.
    Chers
    Derek
    gordy likes this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Cool story Derek (y) what are the odds that two other people were figure painters!