1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sketch dump

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by pokrad, May 4, 2017.

1. JackG Active Member

Canada
    Interesting choice, I think is Margaretha Geertruida Zelle, or better known as Mata Hari?
    Too early in the sculpt to comment on likeness, but am curious to see how this one turns out.

Ulrich Puchala did a resin bust a few years back:
    http://www.puchala-figuren.de/?q=image/tid/115

2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Yes, still early ;)
    I am wondering, with today's standards, should she be considered beautiful ?
    Check that profile :)

[IMG]

I swear, I do not have fetish on big nosed women, I decided to do Mata Harry, downloaded some reference and realized: I am in the same trouble again :) :)
    And it is really hard to put that big nose on, and still keep characteristics of the female face...

[IMG]
    napoleonpeart and Dan Morton like this.
  3. JackG Active Member

Canada
    About profile, well closest thing to today would be the singer/actress Barbra Streisand - she did pretty good considering.

-------------------------------------

I think her nose is only huge at the tip or apex, and should otherwise be straight when viewed head on. From the side, only then is the dorsal hump noticeable.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    pokrad likes this.
  4. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    My first thought was: from below that bump is almost never visible, so that picture proves nothing, but then I found one that proves You are right:

[IMG]

Thx :)
  5. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
  7. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Speechless! Great work!
    pokrad likes this.
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thank You Javier !
  9. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    The scene is set :)
    That is why I needed new base mesh for female... a lot of pose tweaking still needed, but basically this is it:

[IMG]
    Scotty likes this.
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Blocking out the dress:

[IMG]
  11. JackG Active Member

Canada
    Don't know how true to form your plans are for her, but be aware that she was not that well endowed in the chest area - she was actually smaller than average.

Look forward to further progress ...
    pokrad likes this.
  12. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Aware of the fact... In fact that's why even naked pictures of her have some kind of "breast coverage" - she tried to make them look bigger :)

Body is just my basemesh posed...and even the pose is not 100% set (some trouble with the anatomy of the left shoulder and particularly scapula pushed so much backward - and it should be partly visible in that dress).
    That is problem with the anatomy - in different positions different bones protrudes, different muscle overlaps - nightmare :)

But thanks for head up and keeping me awake ;)
    JackG likes this.
  13. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Still searching for the shapes...
    I do not want to make a "copy" of the reference image (hairstyle is taken from different picture, pose is slightly different, I do not have enough information to make the chair -etc...), but want to be close enough...

[IMG]
  14. JackG Active Member

Canada
    Some chair reference:

[IMG]

[IMG]

----------------------------

Different style with cushion:

[IMG]

----------------------------

option for her style of shoes:

[IMG]
    pokrad likes this.
  15. misterfriend New Member

Which software do you use for sculpting and posing the body? Is it Zbrush?
    Thanks
    Segan
  16. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Base mesh was sculpted long time ago in Sculptris, recently just a bit "improved" as I learned some anatomy - already said that before in this tread :)
    Posing was done with Blender using armatures.
  17. misterfriend New Member

Ah nice thanks for that, just read through again and saw where you mentioned Sculptris, sorry about that! Just downloaded the Sculptris software and am slowly getting the hang of it at the moment. Did you do Cleopatra's headdress in Scuptris too? Amazing work, loving this thread.
  18. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I am afraid that Sculptris is too simple tool to do such complex structure - for that You have to use something like Blender or Zbrush.

Check this video about Blender array modifier:

This is the fastest way of creating such objects that I know of.

But Sculptris is really nice small simple tool to start with - great to start learning :)
  19. misterfriend New Member

Ah brilliant, thanks for that video. I think I'm going to get the basic idea with Sculptris and then move onto Blender. I'm a graphics guy by trade and so I'm skilled with all the 2D programs so it can't be too much harder to add a third dimension, famous last words! I've done a fair amount of small scale clay sculpts so that should hold me in good stead I hope too, I just think i reached a limit to what I can do with clay which is why I want to learn digital.
    Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!