1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SK Miniatures Wooden Bases

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    base1.jpg
    Steve Kirtley of S.K Miniatures sent me some of his new bases to take a look at.
    The wood is very variable as you would expect from a burr type wood, but the pics will give some idea of how they look & the variety.

The sizes are:-

1) 5cm high x 4 cm x 4cm (54mm Foot)
    2) 6cm high x 4.5 cm x 4.5cm (75mm/90mm Foot)
    These 2 are basically blocks of wood finished with French Polish - no routering etc. However this gives the wood's pattern more chance to shine through on these smaller bases
    3) 6.5cm high x 5.5cm x 5.5cm (this has the routered top edge). 75mm/90mm Foot

base2.jpg
    Prices are:-
    1) £9
    2) £10
    3) £12
    plus p&p.

There are also bases for 54mm Mounted figures:-
    4) 5cm high x 11cm x 5cm (with routered top edge) £15
    Busts:-
    5) 8/6cm high x 5.5cm x 5.5cm £13 (The base is sloped so it's 8cm high at the back & 6cm high at the front)

http://www.skminiatures.co.uk/
    Regards
    Tommi
    base3.jpg
    Steve likes this.
  2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Tommi,

Is Steve going to have a stand at Euro?

Ray ;)
  3. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Hi Ray,

Yes Steve will have a stand at Euro!

Carl
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ray

Yes he will and there and should have a good supply of the bases, I will also be working on the stand for the two days so pop along and say hello.

Cheers
    Tommi
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Carl and Tommi thanks a lot mates..........will sure stop by and say hello!!

Ray ;)
  6. el cid New Member

Canada
    Tommi, I'd like to grab some of these....Is there a website link or what
    is the best way to get these from Steve to have some shipped to me in Nova Scotia?
  7. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Steve

Steve is on holiday until 10th August, If you drop him an email
    stephen at skirtley dot fsnet dot co dot uk
    He will sort out a price for you including shipping. I have a selection of them here and the quality, feel and look is excellent.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  8. el cid New Member

Canada
    Thanks Tommi,
    I'll drop Steve a line...errr perhaps I can persuade one of the lads from Malta to grab a few at Euro and deliver them to the Chicago show...for the delivery fee of a few pints...lol
  9. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Euro is a nice opportunity to reload.
  10. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Tommi.

I have not listed the bases on my site as yet but I am going to do so now that I am back. I will be at Euro as Tommi & Carl confirm & will have a stock of the bases there as well as Oakwood bases also.
    Maybe I'll also have some other surprises in the base department!?

Please contact me at steve@skminiatures.co.uk in the meantime - happy to ship worldwide.

Steve
    www.skminiatures.co.uk
  11. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Picked some more of these up at the weekend, more sizes now available with the same beautiful finish.(y)

Tommi
  12. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can only resoundingly echo just how good these bases are. I've never bought a base online before, preferring to see the wood grain myself. I needn't have concerned myself. They were superb, no other word for it.