1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SK Miniatures Space Marine 1/10th bust

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Kirtles, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    The second newie Space Marine Box Art.jpg is a 1/10th Space Marine bust sculpted by Przemyslaw Szymczyk - this comes with a choice of head. Beard or no beard! Also priced at £33 - thanks for looking. Steve www.skminiatures.co.uk

Attached Files:

2. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Nice one Steve.

I really like this, and as they say " Two heads are better than one" nice option.

Malc
  3. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Malc!
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. JonG Member

United-Kingdom
    Just ordered it:) ....surprised you called it a "Space Marine" though ....GW are kinda pissy when it comes to names etc.Go look at Chapterhouse Studios.....just a warning ;)
    Head with the beard is my fave by the way, very Space Wolves...
    kevininpdx likes this.
  6. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Yes very Surprised ! But i like so mutch this bust !!!!! Wahouuuu ! :woot:
    JonG likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Steve ,

Very nice indeed like the details all over , great idea for the 2 heads

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  8. MrBMB A Fixture

I doubt GW was the first person to use the word Space Marine if you can prove that it should be fine
  9. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Maybe looking at my first non-military bust(y) ....Hmmmm:rolleyes:
  10. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I must admit that I hadn't realised that the term Space Marine might be as sensitive... The painted box art has just arrived so I will be reworking the box art soon - may change the name at that stage as I don't want to be embroiled in controversy. Steve
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  11. JonG Member

United-Kingdom
    I only say this, as 1, it looks like an actual Space Marine from the 40K universe, and knowing that GW will get lawyers involved as they have done numerous times, its best to be safe then sorry.....they really are agressive with the IP.
    Jon
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Looking forward to seeing the box art

......looks like an adventurer or explorer so something like abyss hero or space adventuerer or explorer

Whatever name you choose it will sell well .....of course it's a bust ...he he !

Happy modelling everyone

Nap
  13. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Kev/Jon - thanks!