1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Sir Richard Church

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Feb 1, 2017.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Work is underway on this new 60mm white metal figure from http://www.greekheroes.gr/

From Wikipedia,

Sir Richard ChurchCB, GCH (Greek: Ριχάρδος/Ρίτσαρντ Τσούρτς/Τσωρτς[1][2]; 1784 – 20 March 1873),[Notes 1] was an Irish military officer in the British Army and commander of the Greek forces during the last stages of the Greek Revolution after 1827. After Greek independence, he became a general in the Greek army and a member of the Greek Senate.

Read the rest of the article here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Church_(general)

The assembled figure prior to priming.
    IMG_4503.JPG

Where I am at present.

IMG_4519.JPG
    Borek, Wings5797, Trex and 6 others like this.
  2. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    nice start mate
    knowing your painting rate i will expect to see the finished figure when i come home tonight!!!:ROFLMAO:

tony
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Tony.

Lol I've got a few projects underway at the moment so I doubt it will be finished as quick as that.
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  4. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like another nice start - that's a really nice figure too. I'm sure you'll do him justice :)

Phil
    Oda, anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Phil.
    Flat work for today is complete and just about to start on this chap for the evening.
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  6. jenghiz Active Member

England
    Another fine addition to the Greek collection,look forward to the end result.
    anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thats nice, Roger - would make a fine bust!

I too, am working on another Greek subject. Pics to follow....(y)
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Ian.
    There's also another project that's in it's very early stages which just might be right up your street or should I say steppe? ;)
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Steve and looking forward to seeing what you are up to.
    valiant and anstontyke like this.
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great project and a great start.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Bob.
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    One of the great things about this hobby is you end up finding out things in eras that you normally wouldn't go. Much thanks to Roger for bringing these fine miniatures to light but also some fascinating stories also.

Bob
    anstontyke, billyturnip and valiant like this.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Bob. There's more great figures with their own stories in the range which I hope to paint.
    anstontyke likes this.
  14. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    It's always nice to be able to know a bit of history about a real person when doing a figure . Makes it more than just painting a generic figure . They way you have been handling full figures recently it should be a craker Roger .
    chippy
    billyturnip and anstontyke like this.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

Nice start on an original subject.

Cheers

Huw
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I like this range of figures. Great start on this new one.
  17. Oda A Fixture

My good friend Roger,back from rough seas and right into one of the roughest periods of Greek history.Sir Richard is a much beloved personality here in Greece and he ranks as equal to the Greek heroes of independence.A true Philellene,he served the cause with distinction.He never took any part in the machinations and foul play so characteristic of the other very talented (but no entirely moral) naval officer lord Cochrane.He shared all the hardships of the titanic struggle and ended his days as an MP whose opinion was always heard and respected.Needless to say I have ordered the figure myself.What is also utterly pointless is saying anything about your very clear,well defined and artistic painting.I know that this will end up a true little gem like all your other works.It is not just my opinion but that of others too (the Thursday club,Yiannis from Greekheroes in whose website your work is proudly displayed )that as a modeller you are probably evolving to the equivalent of sir Richard.We'll just have to find a suitably distorted version of your surname (as your knowledge of greek allows you to know noone calls him Church but rather Τσούρτς or Τσώρτς) be which you shall be known to posterity,probably something close to "Νούζος".Now all that remains is for you to abandon everything and come live with us (the economic hardships of the last six years are fast regressing Greece to a state very close to that of 1821 anyway).I cannot promise you that we'll be able to walk freelly with pistols and yataghans in our σελάχια but all the rest is here waiting for you.Cheers mate.

Oda.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you very much Chippy.
    anstontyke likes this.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Huw.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Michael.