1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Sir George Mccrae - 2nd Attempt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I finished my McCrae bust in oils and wasn't happy but decided to move on. Last step was to dullcoat him and disaster struck. Shiny dullcoat that got worse and worse the more I worked it. I guess it was an old can or the oils hadn't dried enough. So I stripped him with oven cleaner and shifted to various acrylics. I'm much happier this time. Thank God sculpey can take oven cleaner as if it was resin.

The skin tones are mostly done and the facial hair is just roughed in. Photos are under yellow light so there is a slight colour shift from actual.

Colin

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Skintones and the eyes look fantastic Colin... Looks awesome!!!!

Carry on, can't wait to see some more progress

The Other Colin
  3. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Colin, glad he withstood the oven cleaner! He's looking great so far, mate
  4. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Great Start! Will follow
  5. HIKARU_REMOVED Guest

Japan
    Awesome face! Colin.:woot:
    It is wonderful paint.
    I am looking forward to your future progress.

Mitsutaka:)
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Maybe there is a lesson there Acrylic painters can't cross the canyon to oils and the oil guys can't do vice versa

I speak from very recent experience :eek::eek::ROFLMAO:

Ron
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Ron - are you likening the big switch to being ambidextrous or somthing? I can't accept that and I will master (small "m") both even if I have to run away to a Tibetan monetstary to be taught "the way" by a blind monk......well maybe not. Actually all I need to master is not to be so frugal that I want to squeeze the last whisp out of 3-year old can of dullcoat....

Colin
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Perhaps I have just reached the point of no return, off the continental shelf and in the deep:)

Ron
    crf likes this.
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice Colin, try to reduce the size of the photos a little bit, it ruins your painting.
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Dullcote disaster aside, this is looking great Colin.