1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sir Edmund Hillary

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Belcher, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Einion Well-Known Member

Nice work John (y) Great sculpting and the painting looks good too. I bet that shirt took a while!

Einion
  2. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Excellent work!!! (y)

All the best!

Jacek
  3. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Very impressive sculpting John. The hands are so lifelike, they drawed my immediate attention. I hope to see soon more of your figures!

Johan
  4. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi mate,glad you posted him, I think hes your best....cheers man Phil.
  5. brentonrj New Member

Hi John,

Just superb mate. I could stare at this figure for days!

It's just great to see and hear of a figure modeller - and competent - sculpturist from the southern hemisphere!

It would be great to see some of your other work too.

Cheers
    Brenton
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi John,
    An excellent figure. Much nicer than Andrea's I must say. Quite right to be proud of this one! Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Pete
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    WELL DONE,John (y) (y) (y) !!! An excellent tribute to the great man himself. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  8. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Guys for the very enthusiastic response to my figure of Sir Edmund Hillary.I have had very good comments in New Zealand also at different shows that I have displayed the figure.It always gives you encouragment to create when you hear positive comments.
    Brian I cant seem to view your figure of Tenzing Norgay.The picture wont display.I would love to see him.Yes guys I like painting tartan,suprise suprise.I thought when I saw a picture of Ed Hillary in his plade shirt it would be a good contrast.As you can see I have portrayed Ed Hillary on one of Everests lower slopes before he was using the oxygen marsk,hense so you could see his face clearly.Always a good challenge when you attempt to create a likeness. Happy modelling, Kind regards John. ;)
  9. nagashino New Member

Hey John

It's all been said mate. This is just excellent. A perfect representation of an admirable character.

What else have you got tucked away ;)

Cheers
    Phil
  10. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi John

Phil is right, it has all been said...

Great work

Dave
  11. JP PRAJOUX Member

:eek: This is beautiful !
    A perfect sculpture on an unusual subject.
    Congratulatuons.
    Bye
    JP
  12. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    John et al.,

Okay, let's try this again. Here's my 54mm sculpt of Hillary's summit partner Tenzing Norgay, based on Sir Ed's famous photo from May 29, 1953:

[IMG]

Sorry it's a little small - I'm pushing the limit on my bandwidth allowance.

Cheers,

Brian
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This ones on me..........see if it helps.

[IMG]
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Great work Brian...........you have captured the photo
  15. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Brian,Thanks for sending your photo of Tenzing.Your figure looks Great..I know the photo well that you have worked from, you have got the pose perfect.Love to see more of your work.Kind regards John. :)
  16. y_wong New Member

Dear John,

Somehow I miss out on this thread. Luckily, I came across it today. A very lovely piece of work that you have done. Simply remarkable.

regards :)
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Fantastic job on the figure. I love the plaid shirt, though I'm sure you've heard that a number of times.~Gary
  18. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    John, and Guy,

Thanks gents for the kind comments - and thanks also Guy for spotting me a little extra picture size. I'll try to post a bit of an sbs on Tenzing - once I upgrade my bandwidth of course :) !

Cheers,

Brian
  19. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    John you are a star.
    makes Andrea's offering look amateurish by comparison, really does.
  20. Just one word : bravissimo !

Daniel :lol: