1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shrek!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

After watching Shrek II last Wednesday I decided to start on a fun project for once. Just something completely off beat from the normal WWII stuff to take a 'break from the norm'.

Here is Shrek with slight grin on his big ogre face! The face is just about done, need to finish the one ear and make the one almost finished a little bigger. Then it will be time for the clothing, something I am looking forward to a lot to do as I will try some interesting textures on them.

It is made out of Apoxie Sculpt over United Empires "Putty Saver" bust.

Let me know what you think!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Excellent job Anders. What a subject.
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Anders,

We just bought a dvd copy for the kids yesterday & after just having it play for about the 12th time, I'd say your sculpting is just about perfect.

Mike
  4. rdclaeps New Member

Anders,

While I was viewing your photos, my 3 and 7 year olds walked by and asked why Shrek was on my computer. I think that about sums up the likeness you’ve created. I must say within the last six months or so your sculpting skills have become outstanding. Roger

ps: let me know which facility to send the cake with the file concealed in it.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Anders, you did a great job man, your productivity amazes me. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Roc :)
  6. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hey Anders, excellent work mate!
  7. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Ha,ha!
    Nice self portrait my friend...ha,ha
    :lol: :lol:

best regards
    jaume
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Inspired stuff!!!!!

looks really really good Anders!

lets see more soon
  9. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anders, Great job. I to think you have nailed Shrek right on the money. Would love to see one of these in production!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey,Anders, (y) (y) !!
    Kenneth :lol:
  11. Patrick Kirk New Member

I think you have nailed the likeness, Anders...well done my friend!

All the best

Patrick
  12. Brad S Member

Anders

Looks Great man! I really like how you gave him that slight smirk of a smile a little higher on one side. Your sculpting amazes me. Especially how fast you can crank a high quality piece of work out. Great Job!

Brad Spelts
  13. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    great job. Hurry up and paint it so we can ask a million questions on skin tones
    (green with a hint of green) etc.
  14. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the kind and not so kind (self portrait!!! :lol:) comments! This has been a fun little side project and he should be finished relatively soon. Will post pics when I get around to finish it.
  15. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Uh oh........are you in trouble with Momma now? :lol:
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tjena Mossan!

Kul att se dig har! Jag skickar bilder av honnom nar han e klar!

Guy,

Yeah, it looks that way! Guess I cant sneak around aymore! :lol:
  17. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hideliho Anders!

Nice likeness, I just love the subject. Laughed so much that tears trippled down when Ive watched the movies.
    One comment though. Have you considered broader, a little bit squarer and higher shoulders? Perhaps not in this design stage but I think that would add more to the character? Only my opinion though.

[IMG]
  18. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tjena Janne!

I agree, the movies were pretty hillarious at times!

The body isnt 100% finished yet, he will be a bit bulkier then he is at this stage before I add the shirts. I also added a little more to the nose as it needed to be bigger and a little flatter.