1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shipping to USA

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by skeeterbuck, Jun 7, 2013.

1. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    Today I located several figures (4) from an ebay dealer located in Italy. In their "Buy it now" type listing, it indicated that that only ship to Europe. I emailed them asking if they would consider shipping to the USA and their reply was that it's very expensive to ship to the USA and that they are problems getting metal objects through US Customs. :wtf:

I emailed them back and informed that if you mark the customs invoice "toy soldiers" there shouldn't be a problem.

I was surprised to hear this as in the last month or so I have received metal figure kits from Britian, France, Greece and Russia.

Any members here ever ran into a problem like this?

Is it super expensive to ship overseas from Italy?

Were you able to resolve it?

Thanks for your input.

Chuck
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    In my experience it is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive to ship from and to Italy. To the point that I avoid doing business there. The ebay seller did you a favor.
  3. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    I understand what your saying Steve, but you would think that he would least quote me a price for the shipping costs and then let me decide if I wanted to pay it or not.

Chuck
  4. grefven New Member

United-States
    I would personally avoid Italy as much as possible. For some wierd reason, a lot of packages disappear using their postal office (unless you use tracking).
  5. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    I agree if I was sending something to Italy. Getting something sent from Italy and having the buyer protection through ebay maker it a lot safer transaction to me.

Chuck