1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shenandoah Civil War Figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Paul Marshall, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Paul Marshall Member

Would anyone care to comment on the quality and detail of Shenandoah figures? i've never worked with metal figures, always resin and plastic. do they come seperate from the base? are the heads seperate? are the weapons detailed and will they come unbent? and a final question for those of you with references. with a litlle tweaking, could some of the Shenandoah rebels be used in an Alamo scene? i suspect some of the Alamo defenders wore a rag tag mixture of clothing. thanks and all the best to all of you.
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Shenandoah figures are excellent. I use mostly their headsets but have done a number of their figures. They have an extensive line on the Civil War with many variations and choices of poses. Many figures are one piece castings with separate arms, weapons, accessories. I am not sure they can be used for Alamo depictions as the uniforms are not correct for that period. I would think that the amount of convesion work necessary would not make is practical. Also they are relatively inexpensive.

I think the best thing is for you to buy a few and see for yourself.
  3. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Hi

I think this is a good range of figures and I agree being relatively cheap are good for conversions.

The heads are very good and the bodies do require a little clean up but are very well sculpted and detailed.

Bases are provided BUT from the few I have the weapons need a fair bit of attention and do usually come bent. Bayonets are usually attached and these again get bent as the packaging is only a bag and carrier.

In all though good figures at a good price. A bit of TLC is all that is needed really.

Hope this helps

Graham

I can send pics if you want to see the quality for yourself. Un-made that is)
  4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    I only use their head sets and i can tell you that they're good. They also have potential for conversions

Stephen Mallia
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I agree with everything that Bob Tavis said.