1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed "Shell Shock"...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is my latest diorama titled "Shell Shock". It depicts a bunch of British WW1 infantry toward the end of the battle at the Somme. it is titled "Shell Shock" because the young private in the overcoat has lost his nerve as the platoon readies to go over the top. It was very difficult to manipulate his face to make him look like he is in deep distress. In the end I even added tears to his face which are a little tough to pick up in the pics but with the naked eye they are very visible. The figures are a mish mosh of sorts since there are not an abundance of Brit WW1 figs available in 120MM. They include figures from the Jaguar range, David J. Parkins, Oz Models (Phil Walden sculpt), Victory Miniatures, The Lost Batallion as well as some trench sections and accessories from Jon Smith Modelbau. Some of the figures are slightly converted and others are stock. I had only 2-1/2 months to get this done due to my client picking this diorama up at this years annual MMSI show so I basically worked day and night from start to finish. Also I'm not really a WW1 guy so my knowledge is very limited on the subject but with some references and help from friends I tried to adhere to basic accuracy. As always the figures and all groundwork are done in Vallejo Acrylics, Citadel metallics, AK Interactive and MIG Productions products.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Brimmer Active Member

Indonesia
    awesome i like the detail on dio..and nice painting too..feel sorry about a long coat man looks lonely on that bunch of british soldier..
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dan,
    That is an outstanding piece of work, especially in two and a half months and I think you have captured the essence of the story spot on. Loads of stuff for the eye to take in, the recipient must have been well pleased. Love it.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    captnenglish likes this.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Dan that is superb. In my dreams I've imagined myself creating a little slice of life in the trenches of the Western Front, and you have made my dream come true.

Wonderful.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work. And I like the use Jon Smith trench, it is very accurate.

marc
  6. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    WOW What a job
    Very well done
    I like it
    Pascal
  7. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful job : what a great piece of work. Perhaps you might call it a bit later than the Somme , since they are wearing box respirators, but what the hell. What matters is the detail and the atmosphere, which is mighty impressive .
    crf likes this.
  8. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Great work! Really hard thing to make a good atmosphere in this big scale. You done it! (y)
  9. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Wonderful. Great scene and a very good use of the trench scene
  10. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Great job, incredible detail. WoW!
  11. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Great work, this is a lot of work but the result is looks like it's been well worth it.
    Cheers
    Jim
  12. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Simply breathtaking! Excellent work!
  13. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Dan, you never cease to amaze:)(y)(y)(y) Again, another masterpiece!
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work
    Steve
  15. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    It's a great scene, really well done.

Alex
  16. Mark S Guest

Superbly done...very evocative, and beautifully presented.
  17. richard carrick Member

United-Kingdom
    brilliant stuff! the paint work is excellently done
  18. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Magnificent, captures every aspect of the front. Will look at it for ages, so many little details.
  19. kellerkind Well-Known Member

Germany
    Oha, what a great made scene :wideyed:

You made a fantastic work and all in this big scale. Incredible!!!
    Thanks for showing it (y)

Best regards,
    Martin
  20. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    Amazing ! Great work .