1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Shany - 80 mm Fantasy series Romeo Models

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, Jun 18, 2013.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Here’s a project made for the brand Romeo Models , a project that has waited a long time to come out as new release for the month of June. It belongs to the series of fantasy on the scale/size of 80 mm and has a very interesting topic. As protagonist is a young girl from ancient Egypt in the company of a typicalbeast of those lands. And what may seem fiercer than a Nile crocodile?
    It gave me a lot of trouble to keep as close as possible to the sketches that the Romeo team have given to me. Here are the drawings :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

For the first step I will concern about the basic anatomy before decorating with details in the drawings. It's almost my first woman (figure :angelic: ) and I had to treat the subject very kindly. Little by little I've changed the figure to get the curves of a female anatomy and so I've started it with Magic Sculp . For the crocodile I used Super Sculpey Firm . Each putty I thought that serve better for this scale due to their characteristics ( they blend more ) .

[IMG]

[IMG]

In the case of the crocodile I wrapped an aluminum foil around a skeleton wire just to not spend a lot of Sculpey

[IMG]

[IMG]

Soon I'll be back with more photos.
    Jamie Stokes, jerry, GARRY and 6 others like this.
  2. Zlobov Sergey Active Member

Planned and beautiful demonstration lesson!
    Palmielcore - and the beginning of a beautiful sketch!

Sorry, you can thin waist (slender and a little sports)?!
    Sincerely, waiting to continue.

Attached Files:

Jamie Stokes, palmielcore and Gaudin like this.
  3. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Super SBS!
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Oh wow!!!! Great concept and love those sketches. Will be looking forward to seeing your SBS as to the progress of the sculpt. Can see where you are going with it
    Ben
    palmielcore likes this.
  5. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    More pictures with for this W.I.P. The head is made with Milliput thinking that it will be the final form and the rest of the body is still Magic Sculp.
    Soon I'll be back with more pictures :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    GARRY and ChaosCossack like this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Another great SBS... Very informative for us beginner sculptors. Especially how you deal with the substructure, like the crocidile.

Will be following with deep interest

Colin
  7. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    These are the photos for the step in which I did the separations and then each piece of Magic Sculp I’ve turned it to Milliput Grey. The separations are often aligned with the articulations areas and sometimes with necklaces or belts. When I make the laces between parts I can change the inclination of the arms, legs, head or the body itself, a fact that still gives the option to change the attitude of the figure ( in case of a permanently effervescent inspiration) . Therefore, in the pictures of the girl in the company of the crocodile ( from the Nile ), the head has a different inclination and that gives more character . As always, your comments are welcome, see you soon

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Meehan34, GARRY and pokrad like this.
  8. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    What you have done so far is very insipring and I love the SBS. She is looking great and cant wait till you really start detailing the Croc!!! If I can make a point though, I am not so sure about her groin plate/covering, It looks a bit big and more inclined to cover a males privates than a females. Its only my interpretation though. The rest of her armour is perfect
    Ben
    Meehan34 and Tubby-Nuts2 like this.
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work indeed! .. However I do agree with Ben! ... as regards the groin area! ... this seems very much more suited for a male character!

Regards

Mark
    palmielcore likes this.
  10. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody,
    Here are the last photos of the project. Ben and Mark you are right . At the end I've changed a bit the size of the "groin plate/covering" and I've settled it a bit upper just to not remind a (she)male :wacky: . Also I'll add bellow the link to vote the figure :
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/336592

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. kasyan Member

Russian-Federation
    fantastic, congratulations!
    palmielcore likes this.
  12. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful - another must have
    palmielcore likes this.
  13. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    It is absolutely fantastic !!!
    I rarely see the face that is angry and still femine ;)
    palmielcore likes this.
  14. arxo Active Member

Greece
    There are no words for something like this. It is truly wonderful to see how talent can transform something so abstract in the first steps to a fully detailed model in the end. Sincere congratulations on your skills. Truly magnificent piece!!!
    palmielcore likes this.
  15. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    That is excellent , I love the croc and the work you have done on the scales. The groin armour is also a lot better, more femine.
    Love it
    Ben
    palmielcore likes this.
  16. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    The raw sculpture shows off this model more than the painted piece. Amazing sculpture sir.
    palmielcore likes this.
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    fantastic work all around
    marc
    palmielcore likes this.