1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shaking paint.

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by ausf, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ausf Active Member

United-States
    The problem (as I saw it) was I spending more time shaking a bottle than painting. Especially if it's been sitting for a while and separated. It would take some serious effort to remix those in a 17ml eyedropper. Glass Tamiya, etc. sure you can get the paint moving, but Model Color in a thin tube, not me. Even with a stainless BB dropped it, it still took a while and Id never get the stuff in the tip to get down into the body of the bottle, so the first squirt of paint was a useless blot.

And I've been playing Red Hot Chili Peppers on bass for about 30 years now, so my hand isn't a stranger to percussive movement. ;)

I had a saw that I could no longer use since the blades were OOP, I had a need, done deal. It shakes in a quick planetary motion you can't possibly pull off with you wrist or elbow.

Now, when I hit the bench, bottle goes into the mixer and done in 30 seconds, while I prep or choose the next color.

So, no, I wasn't joking, although there have been some excellent humor in the thread.

It's all good. Shake however you want, but this cost nothing to do and more importantly, I don't lose scarce bench time.
    billyturnip and anstontyke like this.
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    shaker.jpg shaker 1.jpg
    A nail polish shaker e bay about £23
    the Robart shaker is about £60
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. steeleagle Member

United-States
    I have a couple of old scroll saw conversions like Jay-BFG. One at the airbrush station and one at the painting table. I have several different size pill bottles that I can insert different size bottles like Vallejo or Reaper in and keep the bottles from shaking loose when tightened down. Shakes the heck out of the bottles and only takes a few seconds. Great tool - "cheap" and very effective.
    anstontyke likes this.