1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shaking off the ring rust.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Craft, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi all, it's been a while since I wet the brushes so this afternoon I got started on Pegasos female pirate bust. I'm kicking myself that I chose female skin tones to jump back in on.
    Anyway here is the start I have made any insights would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Andrew ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340784877.104081.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340784915.697206.jpg
    tonydawe, zernina, mark761214 and 9 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Can't see anything rusty about this Andrew, the skin tones look great and the eyes...... !!!! (y)

Roger.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very smooth Andrew.
    A very good start, and nice to see you back on the brushes,
    Carl.(y)
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew, glad to see you back. Love what you have done so far, the flesh tones look great, nice and subtle as should be for a female, maybe a slight highlight here or there would give a bit more life. As for the eyes, amazing, I think maybe a catch light or a slightly whiter highlight on the whites of the eyes would bring them out that little bit more as well.
    Nice one
    Ben
  5. mao A Fixture

Italy
    lovely face
  6. Einion Well-Known Member

Lookin' good Andrew! It does look a bit like she's wearing makeup but in terms of this style of paintjob I'd add a touch more highlighting here and there and a few key dark shadows and call it done.

I haven't seen many versions of this bust but I'd love to see it done in a more realistic way, although I'm not sure if it would clash with the sculpting and look odd.

Einion
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very smooth transitions between the base,high and shading. Just what a woman skin needs.
    I like what you have done so far.

Marc
  8. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    I could SHOUT PERFECT! Right now!
    I love the color of the eyes!
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  10. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice so far
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Andrew,

She's just gorgeous!!! Great skin tones, beautiful eyes.

Fantastic job so far... keep us posted

Colin
  12. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Wow, the sublties are intense and the lips sure look real. Beauty!

Cheers, Ski.:D
  13. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    I had another go at this lady today, trying out new flesh tones and new ideas. I decided to make her crying, I have no idea why I just wanted to try it (I think she's sad because she lost some buttons on her favourite blouse). Anyway this is how she looks and yes she is a Disney pirate who wears a ton of mascara and eye shadow. :D

Andrew.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Meehan34 likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I don't know how you would do it but some tears rolling down her face would add to the effect..... I'll leave that bright idea with you Andrew. ;)

Roger.
  15. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Thanks Roger, she does have a couple you can barely see them in the first pic, close to her nose. I didn't want to do too many, I just used the old tamiya x22 clear. Here I blew this one up a bit.
    Andrew.

image.jpg
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Oh yes I can see them now, you obviously know what you're doing Andrew I'll shut up. :oops::playful:
  17. Andrew Craft Well-Known Member

Australia
    Haha, no we both had the same genius idea mate. I'm just not sure I'll ever find a use for tears on a figure, or runny mascara come to think of it. :)
    billyturnip likes this.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Napoleon is said to have cried when saying goodbye to his Old Guard at the first abdication, I can't vouch for him wearing mascara though. :D
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Superb painting Andrew. Perhaps a bit of red around the eyes??
  20. renegertje Member

Netherlands
    Great job, love the eyes. Anda the tears are OK.