1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Sgt Lowerson VC, 21st Bn AIF

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Sep 21, 2010.

1. winston Active Member

France
    Very nice paint job Tony!!!
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Dan, you're far too generous mate. It was a pleasure to paint and build and I'm very pleased to like the way he turned out.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Phillipe,

Thank you very much for your comment, it's greatly appreciated.
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am a bit slow in catching this one mate but what a fantastic finish to the figure and the scenery, love the look on his face, looks like he is running over in his mind what has happened or about to happen.

Nice one mate

Steve(y)
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Steve,

I was trying to convey the look of a man who has just been through hell, and is sitting down to have a quiet smoke knowing that in a minute he's got to go back into it.

He's thinking "By the end of this day, I'll either have the Victoria Cross or a wooden cross."

Thanks for your comments mate, they are very much appreciated.
  6. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Great job Tony...

All around a super job! The uniform, fleshtones and groundwork all come together very well.
  7. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done, Tony

Very nice and well done, Tony:

And also I particularly like the quality of the photographs. Altho I wonder if
    perhaps the lighting may have slightly lightened the tones in his pack on his
    back. More on that in a mo.

I really like the (oh no, he's going to say it again!! ;);) ) COLOUR HARMONY
    in the way you selected your colours, mate. I can even see a hint of the reds
    of the brick rubble, in the brown of his uniform. And also, of course, in the
    stock of him weapon. Re the shades in the lighter coloured back pack: it is
    just a matter of personal taste, here you understand. But I would have liked
    to see a little more contrast of tones, especially in the shadow area, i.e. on
    the sides and bottom of the pack. However, and now harking back to the first
    paragraph, it may be that those tones are there, and just not visible here,
    because of the lighting. Regardless, just a very nice presentation. The face,
    the eyes, and the growth of beard are all very well done.

The Miami Jayhawk
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent work Tony.
    I liked the color of the uniform and the fresh tone very much.
    And the ground work is also wonderful.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tony, excellent finish and dare I say it, very subtle weathering on this one.
    Like it.:)(y)

Cheers Ken
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great finish Tony on the figure and groundwork,I also have this great little figure waiting to be painted.Have saved your photos for future reference.

Cheers David
  11. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Dan, thanks so much for your generous comments mate, they are greatly appreciated. I'm very pleased you think it all came togther so well. That's what I was hoping for.;)

Hi Rick, your comments about the colour of the pack are spot on mate.(y) I intend to add some more contrast as you suggest. As for the colour harmony:rolleyes:, I chose to dry brush some red/ brown pastel chalk over the lower torso to simulate the red brick dust from the destroyed building. I think it helps to tie the figure to the base. I'm pleased you like it mate, and I appreciate your comments and suggestions.:D

Hi Mitsutaka, I'm very pleased you like this figure and I appreciate your comments very much.:) I really enjoyed painting this figure and I'm pleased it goes so well with the groundwork and base I chose.

Hi Ken, yes a little restrained from my usual weathering efforts mate.:p I'm glad you noticed. I wanted to suggest dirt and mud without having to lay it on with a trowel. Once again its great to have your encouragement mate.(y)

Hi David, thanks for your comments mate. I'll be very intereseted to see how this figure turns out once you get your hands on it.:cool: Thanks for your comments mate.
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    He turned out well Tony. I really like the wood effects on the rifle, and the rubble is very well done.
    Carl.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Carl, I'm grateful for your comments mate.
  14. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    he turned out great sir. the setting he is in adds so much more to the figure and really sets the scene. Very well done, not to mention you have made him an Australian rather than British to suit your home country. This is what speaks to me the most.
  15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mike, thanks very much for your comments. I'm very pleased you liked the groundwork and the conversion from British to Australian. It wasn't difficult to make the changes, but for me those small details changed the significance of the figure enormously. Its very gratifying to know that my figure "spoke to you" in some way, and I really appreciate the feedback.
  16. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi Tony,
    My friend It shows so real that at the beginning I thought it was from a photograph.
    Well you've done a great job so successful, and the colors on the face as the uniform
    Bravo!!

Alexandros
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Alexandros, thanks you so much for your generous comments. I'm really pleased you like it.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Tony,
    Saved the picture's for reference when i start mine. I'm a bit disapointed about my last WW 1 figure, (polish Ulan from JMD) that i started something else.
    So, if i start this one, i hope i can finish it half as good as you did.

Marc
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Marc, I appreciate the compliments you've paid me, and I wish you good luck with your version of this excellent JMD Minitaures kit. I'm sure you'll do a great job.