1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Sgt - IRTR Egypt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

Finally getting back to normalilty after our move , so I thought I would show my interpretation of the sculpt produced by Steve (Helm on PF) in memory of his father who served in Egypt , went for the suntanned look (the flesh looks a lot better in real life!!!) , hair has the brillcreamed effect (painted dark brown then washes with satin and chaos black) ....this is a nice piece to work on and a wonderful tribute to Steve's father.

Still to do ...revist the eyes a little , do the highs on the cheverons, the epaulette tabs (in RTR colours) have to be done as well as his beret badge(NMM), based up and into the cabinet he goes to be proudly displayed .

Thanks for looking in

Nap

kev 117.jpg kev 118.jpg kev 119.jpg kev 120.jpg
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I like that. Very sharp painting and a nice sculpt. That much better because its a tribute to Steve's Dad.

Colin
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks great Kev Ill be stealing the shirt shading as well :shifty: I'm looking forward to the finished article:happy:

Steve
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Just to make it clear though Steve Reedie (1969) did the actual sculpting and casting I am just the guy pimping them out. All the credit goes to that Steve
    Steve
    Wings5797 likes this.
  5. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Kev. Steve showed me this bust at Sword & Lance Darlington and it's great piece. Nicely sculpted by SteveR.
    Gordon
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve ,

Sorry my apologies to 1969 should have re read the post !!!!! ...my age you know ...great sculpt and a really nice tribute to your father .

Guys ,

Cheers for the comments , I have enjoyed the painting especially the shirt colours (no german beige was used though!!!...see Helms post folks!!!)

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    No worries mate just making sure the right Steve got the credit :happy:

Steve
  8. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Steve, Hi Mate,
    And a very good pimp you are Steve.........or so rumour has it on the Hagley Road:shifty:

Hello Kevin,
    Great progress My Friend, really nice brush work throughout. For me this next phase of your work is a pleasure to see. That is when you make just a few brush strokes and the whole thing lifts of to anothe level, can't wait.
    All the best to you both,
    Keith
    Helm likes this.