1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Sgt Ewart taking the eagle

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jakbwrhr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

That's a lot of work to get done , looks good , especially brave going for the horse colour the Regt had

Constructive ( hopefully ) comments .....I would tone down the shadows on the trousers on the rider ( are you using a blending medium with acrylics ) , all credit to you for the whites on the officer , nice work on the flag ( perhaps define lettering more by outlining )

I realise the groundwork is done to look trampled grass through but perhaps look at where it comes from the actual ground

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next piece ( yes we can see a CGS bust there ...lol )

Happy benchtime

Nap
    jakbwrhr and Redcap like this.
  2. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work, you got there in the end. I have the Roll Call version which has been part stated and boxed for over a decade... May be I should have another look at it...
    jakbwrhr likes this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work

Mobo
    jakbwrhr likes this.
  4. jakbwrhr Active Member

Australia
    Nap - primarily painted in Humbrol enamels, with a touch of oils here and there! Am a bit of a dinosaur in that regard.

I will ponder and act on your suggestion re the attempt at the wheat field... especially as I have another two planned vignettes / dioramas that will require a similar setting - Black Watch at Quatre Bras and Royal Scots at Waterloo

Thank you
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done.

Mike