1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Sgt at Arms, Bagot's Regt, 1643

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, May 17, 2013.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Finally got round to putting some colour onto this one. Still much to do, but the basics are there. A little drybrushing here and there, some glazes and washes to tie it all together, then a final matt varnish over the whole thing. I have used gloss enamels for some of the areas, as it stays workable longer as i like to blend the shade/highlights whilst wet. Metallics last of all.

Apologies for the pics, but the purple coat has come out a more indigo shade, due to the daylight bulb! In reality its a much richer colour. All painted in enamels. will post some decent pics when its complete.

Hope you like it so far!

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  2. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking very good, as you're nearing the finish line,
    with the addition of the scabbard and sword hilt. . .

The Miami Jayhawk
  3. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Great piece Steve, I love the subject matter
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks guys,
    Kansas Kid - yes, the left arm looks a bit odd without its sword to rest on!
    Rob - am getting a taste for this era!
    If anyone has a Miniart Netherlands Musketeer in their GA they no longer want, I can feel another conversion coming on........!!

Steve(y)