1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sergio Leone Movie Set Diorama

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JohnReid, Aug 20, 2010.

1. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    You know in reviewing my pics of Sergio's set I came to realize that he cheated a bit in this same area.The door is not in the center of the car and the seating is creatively arranged to suit the scene.The master himself was not above making some compromises too!
    While on the subject of scale I was wondering how high that braking wheel that is located on the platform should be in relation to the height of the man?I think mine looks overscale in height.I am not too concerned about the diameter of the tubing or the diameter of the wheel itself as that could vary a bit I guess but the height must have been standard.
  2. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  3. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  4. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    I would say that Claudia's rear end is perfect but big Marshall Dillon out of Dodge city might have to pay for an extra seat.This is Economy class for sure.
    Like everything else about this station the bench legs need straightening.
    I grouped the seating arrangement around the wood stove which seems like a natural to me for those cold nights in the desert.
  5. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  6. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    For picture taking purposes I am sure that Sergio widened this set and adjusted the rails to suit the scale.I am not sure exactly how he did it but the left wall seems to have been moved outward with the rail was still placed in the middle.
  7. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  8. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  9. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  10. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    I have been trying to figure out what is the black thing hanging on the wall ,you can be sure that it is there for a reason,something that prominent would be planned. Also what the piece of furniture is below it?It looks like it could be a bench or bench and table together.Victorian furniture is very dark so I stained it burnt umber.I think that is a wooden pail hanging from the rafter and there also seems to be a rolled up black curtain to be able to close off this section.Probably for privacy or to keep out drafts and dust.
    I would say that passengers would use the door at the end of the car to gain access to this area.
  11. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
  12. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    These little creamers from the coffee shop make excellent tin garbage pails or forms for building wooden ones.I first cut out the bottom disc and then glue on the side pieces,trim the top level and add a band around the top.I painted it burnt umber and then sanded most of it off.
    I spent way too much time making this but because a lot of the storyline revolves around the symbolism of water I felt it was worth it.However it looks a little large in this scale.I will live with it for a few days and see if I have to make another one and keep this one as a wood bucket.
  13. JohnReid Active Member

Canada
    I decided to give myself an early Christmas present this year and start working on my first locomotive as a movie prop.I have never built one before and am really excited about getting started.The station prop has very little creative stuff left to do except some of the finishing.Every year in Montreal the miniatures people have a show in April and I will wait to see if I can pick up some nice 1/24 scale Victorian furniture for the old stationmasters desk and chairs etc..
    My background is aviation so I am out of my area right now.I find this exciting but also a little intimidating.Just learning all the new terminology itself will be a challenge .
    If you see something that is obviously wrong or I am headed in the wrong direction please feel free to jump in at anytime with constructive criticism.
    Thanks ! Cheers. John. Should be fun !