1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sergeant John Rosengrant, 1st Armored...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Nov 11, 2010.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    This is my latest work. It is John Rosengrants self portrait of an American tanker sitting atop a Sherman. This is an OOP 200MM kit that I scored on e-bay a few months ago and I really loved painting it because it includes my 2 favorite things to model, armor and figures. The piece is as always painted in Vallejo Acrylics except for Citadel acrylics for the metallics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Excellent paint job.
    Andy
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautifully done Dan. Possibly the best flesh tones I've seen you paint!

Jay H.
  4. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Wow- That's friggen awesome!
    Thanks for sharing this Dan.
    Scott
  5. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Dan

You have done a great job on this one, the flesh tones are really well done as is the uniform. I have this kit and hope to paint it as half as good as yours.

Any chance of adding some teased cotton wool for smoke coming of the ciggy as below

[IMG]

Ryally
    http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Brilliant painting Dan, you've really brought out the best in John's sculpt. Bravo.
  7. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Dan, Congratulations on such a well rendered piece. Your enjoyment of the subject really shows in the final result. Looking forward to seeing this at Long Island next Saturday! Don
  8. winston Active Member

France
    High quality paint!!! Great works!!!
  9. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Wooonderfull!! Amazing painting and its face really looks like Mr.John Rosengrant himself! just great.
    rheath likes this.
  10. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    WOW competition winning stuff !! Very nicely stuff my friend.(y)
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Far too lifelike Dan.
    Superb,
    Carl.
  12. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  13. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Excellent job Dan, love the weathering on the Sherman turret as well as the stunning figure painting. Uniform highlighting superb, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Chris(y)
  14. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent paint job Dan.
  15. Dennis Active Member

England
    Dan, you have made a lovely job this kit well done

Dennis
  16. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice

Truly an excellent bit of painting. The flesh tones look great as do the metallics. Finished off very nicely by some excellent weathering of the tank. All in all simply stunning Dan.
  17. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Excellent work, I am also a great fun for both armor and figures and I admire your result, well...dan !!!
  18. Tzanos Member

Greece
    Excellent painting!
  19. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    This is the second time I see one of these painted. This one is like 10 times better. This kind of rendition is what they call "Photo Real" I guess. Congrats, Dan!!!

Seeing your profile picture brings back my memory as an owner of a terrible recast of THAT John Rosengrant kit. It's a lot of money for a pile of badly cast pieces that I will never put together to match your brilliant job here. (I did not know I bought a recast).
  20. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    truly stunning, this is so life like.